VP Fin Ops and Corp Finance
Company: Beaumont Health
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Our apply process has changed. Please click here for
instructions. Reporting to the Beaumont CFO, the Vice President,
Financial Operations & Corporate Finance is responsible for
developing and administering an integrated plan for financial
control for the Corporate Division of Beaumont Health. Coordinates
the financial plan with corporate objectives and requirements;
reports the financial condition of the Corporate Divisions to the
CFO . The focus of the position is improved financial performance
in terms of responsivenes s , streamlining of operations and
enhanced communication of the ongoing financial performance
organizationally and for individual business units. Responsible for
system budgeting, financial analysis, COE/CIC financial support,
decision support & cost reporting, capital, net revenue
recognition, bad debt accounting, and accounts payable. ESSENTIAL
- Manages 45 FTEs comprised of Sr Director, Directors, Managers,
and front-line staff within Reimbursement, Budget and Analysis,
Govt Reimbursement, Capital Planning, Cost Accounting and Accounts
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the
Corporate Division's financial performance.
- Responsible for development of an organizational wide cost
- Manages net revenue recognition of $4 billion annually.
- Evaluates bad debt and charity models and manages team to
assess and recognize bad debt each month.
- Responsible for all accounts payable functions.
- Manages capital process and accounting including the capital
budgeting and approval process.
- Participate in the development of the Division's plans and
programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning,
introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the Division by providing timely and
accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial
trends in order to assist the Division in its managerial
- Develop and advise on cost and reimbursement strategies.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and
procedures of the Corporate Division by way of systems that will
improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the Divisio n
- Establish credibility throughout the Division and with the
system as an effective developer of solutions to business
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to Divisional
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through
education of Corporate Division leaders on financial issues
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on
decision-making issues affecting the Division.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts
into which the Division may enter.
- Respond to the Chief Financial Officer as assigned with
accurate and timely work.
- Act as strategic partner to business partners.
- Prepare reports that summarize and forecast Division's business
activity and financial position in areas of incom e , expenses and
earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and
enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provides status of financial condition of the Division by
interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local legal
- Developing schedules, procedures and systems to enable the
timely and informative accumulation, adjustment and reporting of
- Develops financial strategies by forecasting capital,
facilities and staff requirements; identifying monetary resources;
developing action plans.
- Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing
results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of
variance s .
- Present summarized and detailed financial statements to the
Chief Financial Officer , Beaumont Health leadership and Board of
Directors of Beaumont Health as requested.
- Responsible for interfacing with third party auditors.
- Responsible for helping shape the strategic direction and
operational goals for the Division.
- Responsible for financial management of the Division, including
development of a financial strategy that supports the Beaumont
Health vision and strategic imperatives.
- Assist in the development of financial goals and objectives for
the Division and health system.
- Manage the basic system of accounting and financial contro l
- Responsible for maintaining budgetary control. This document
represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of
this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks
and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents
may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly
described. STANDARD QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Education / Training: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance,
Business or Healthcare Administration. Master's degree in
Accounting, Finance, Business or Healthcare Administration
- Work Experience : Ten (10 years progressive healthcare,
insurance or health maintenance organization industry
- Certification, Licensure, Registration : Certified Public
Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Other Qualifications :
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the
ability to engender the trust of those with whom one works.
- Demonstrated Knowledge and understanding of the health care
- Well organized; able to manage and prioritize changing
workloads and meet deadlines.
- Team player and leader who cultivates talent and encourages
Keywords: Beaumont Health, Springfield , VP Fin Ops and Corp Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Southfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!