Senior Sales Tax Accountant
Company: Woodlake Trails
Posted on: April 8, 2021
The Sr. Sales Tax Accountant is responsible for accurately
reviewing and coordinating sales, use, and personal property tax
returns for various entities in over 100 tax jurisdictions, and for
preparing real estate tax budgets, quarterly tax adjustments and
monthly real estate tax reconciliations. The Sr. Sales Tax
Accountant will work directly with outside consultants and vendors
to optimize and automate Suns sales and use tax and personal
property tax returns. Duties
- Reviews and coordinates the proper filing of sales, use and
personal property tax returns for Sun Communities.
- Prepares real estate tax budgets, quarterly tax adjustments and
monthly real estate tax reconciliations.
- Coordinates the proper annual filings for multiple reports,
ensuring they are filed timely.
- Oversees the automation of sales, use and personal property tax
returns in various 3rd party software systems.
- Works closely with various outside taxing authorities to
respond to inquiries, ensuring that Sun is complying to all state
and local jurisdictions.
- Coordinates sales and use tax audits, responding to various
data requests by authorities; works closely with other departments
in order to respond timely and accurately.
- Works directly with outside consultants and software vendors in
order to optimize tax related software programs for personal
property tax returns.
- Prepares tax software programs for automation, including but
not limited to PTMS, OneSource and/or Avalara, etc.
- Reviews Community P&Ls to ensure sales and use tax is
- Coordinates outside consultants review of tax rates applied in
3rd party software vendors, such as Campspot, NCR and
- Ensures accuracy of all returns, worksheets and calculation
requirements to minimize assessments and penalties.
- Researches sales and use tax requirements for acquisitions in
new jurisdictions; documents research and makes recommendations to
management for implementation of new sales, use, and hotel
- Assists with department records retention, assuring accuracy
and appropriate maintenance of department records, both physical
- Other duties and special projects as assigned. Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting or related field
- 3 years preparing sales & use tax returns, preferably in public
- 1 year prior experience with sales and use tax at a large or
- Advanced knowledge of tax concepts in a
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, organizational and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excelled computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing
- Comfortable with technology transformation projects REWARDING
BENEFITS At Sun RV Resorts, you will be part of an industry-leading
organization where you will be challenged, inspired, rewarded and
transformed. We place a high priority on our team members, and this
is a big part of what sets us apart. We will ask you to give us
your very best every day, and will challenge you with interesting
work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and supportive work
environment and plenty of learning and growth. In exchange, we will
reward you with great pay, advancement opportunities, paid time
off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with
multiple--plan designs so you can choose the plan that best meets
the needs of you and your family
- Vision Plan--
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with Sun matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Legal Assistance Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to
team members who further their formal education
- Vacation RV Site Discounts for team members when visiting SunRV
Resorts across the nation
- Team Member Perks & Discounts program with hundreds of
discounts on things like travel, merchandise, mobile phone service,
- Paid Time Off including ten holidays, vacation, personal, sick
time, bereavement and pay for jury duty Southfield, MI, US
Employment Type: Regular Classification: Full Time Job Reference:
Keywords: Woodlake Trails, Springfield , Senior Sales Tax Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Southfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!