Company: Mental Health Association Inc
Posted on: January 13, 2022
MHA is hiring immediately for a Program Supervisor. The Program
Supervisor will provide leadership and support to residential staff
to empower participants in achieving their vision of recovery and
rehabilitation. Support staff with a strength based approach that
fosters growth and opportunity. Lead by modeling interactions with
participants that focus on strength and resiliency through
person-centered planning. Train, support and guide staff in the
performance of their duties. Ensure coordination and delivery of
services and support to a designated program by observing
interactions in the milieu, evaluating various program
documentation, soliciting feedback and assessing data compiled from
reports. Maintain compliance with Federal, State, and Mental Health
Association policies and regulations.
The Program Supervisors Position's Essential
- Directly supervise, educate, and develop autonomy in a team of
residential support specialists individually and in groups through
training, modeling, and open discussion in compliance with all MHA,
Federal and State policies, procedures and regulations.
- Assist staff in processing challenges to engage residents in
attending to basic daily needs as well as monitoring physical
well-being of residents to ensure delivery of services and modeling
positive engagement techniques for staff.
- Support staff through supervision meetings in accordance with
policy standards and regular staff meetings. Monitor attendance at
staff meetings to ensure compliance with policy standards and
following up with staff who are not meeting standard. Document
- Provide daily supervision, training, and feedback to staff.
Manages corrective action and performance evaluation processes for
all program staff.
- Ensure communication is streamlined through the program to
support all staff in having necessary information to effectively
perform their job responsibilities.
- Monitor all documentation for program including but not limited
to contact notes, rehabilitation notes, medication administration
documentation, daily logs, and Individual Action Plans to ensure
compliance with applicable regulations and standards. Prepare and
maintain program reports as required. Purge, archive, and update
records to ensure information is current.
- Collect and deliver room and board fee in a timely manner as
- Respond promptly to any and all medical and psychiatric
emergencies. Notify supervisor promptly within specified time
- Ensure smooth and timely communication between all disciplines
involved with supporting a participant (i.e. MHA nursing, MHA's
Clinical Director, DMH, hospitals, primary care, and
- Ensure program timesheets are accurate and complete; approve
and submit along with coversheets within established timelines.
- Complete monthly program report to senior leadership,
employment data, absence authorizations, vacancy data, Residential
Inspection, etc. Review and address reports generated by other
departments such as MAP audits, training, performance reviews,
expenditure reports, etc.
- Participate in an on-call rotation. Promptly respond to calls,
advise staff accordingly and document.
- Notify a director or Vice President of critical incidents
within prescribed timelines.
- Ensure programs are adequately staffed through scheduling and
hiring processes, working closely with Human Resources to fill
vacancies in a timely way.
- Manage program budget in accordance with MHA fiscal guidelines.
Ensure program is adhering to MHA's money management protocols for
agency and participant funds, including accurate and consistent
money counts on each shift, submission of receipts, and use of the
tax exempt certificate when purchasing with agency funds.
Participant Support, Advocacy, and Health and Wellbeing
- Manage staff in the accomplishment of their participant
support, advocacy, and health/wellbeing responsibilities. During
interactions with participants, model high quality support in all
of these areas:
- Engage, educate and empower participants to access
community-based resources, including educational and training
- Empower participants by teaching self-advocacy skills.
- Act as a liaison with hospitals, clinics, medical personnel,
family members and other providers.
- Support participants in activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Support participants in money-management training.
- Work with the team toward the common vision of community based
- Include participants in all household tasks required to
- Provide transportation to participants, as needed, to
accomplish goals. Assist participant with coordinating, scheduling
and attending medical, dental and psychiatric appointments.
- Ensure psycho-educational groups, weekly house meetings.
- Utilize a strengths-based and trauma-informed approach to
- Support participants in managing triggers to avoid crisis
- Report any incidents of participant abuse (physical, emotional,
sexual) or act of omission/neglect to agency management, the
Disabled Person's Protection Commission DPPC, or elder abuse
hotline, as applicable.
- Monitor medications and /or health issues with program nurse
and document progress and follow-through accordingly. Administer
medications in accordance with MAP standards and guidelines.
Teamwork, Communications, Cooperation, and Continuous Learning
- Regularly attend and actively participate in Division meetings,
supervision meetings and/or other scheduled meetings.
- Pursue additional activities and training to enhance job
knowledge and competency which afford opportunities for
professional growth. Attend mandatory trainings, and maintain
- Maintain and foster a collaborative and cooperative atmosphere
with colleagues and supervisor with participant needs as the
priority. Maintain positive attitude with team and participants.
- Use constructive supervisor feedback to grow and enhance
- Maintain a safe workplace environment by identifying and
addressing any safety hazards/issues, reporting all employee
accidents to Human Resources and participant accidents to immediate
supervisor, and following established MHA safety policies and
Program Supervisors Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage time,
prioritize tasks, take initiative, follow through, and work
cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Good oral, written, computer, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to the changing needs of the
- Strong interpersonal skills, patience, caring, and
- Must be able to pass and maintain certifications in medication
administration (MAP), CPR, and first aid.
- Must have ability to facilitate and develop a supportive
community in a diverse, multi-cultural residential setting.
- Valid driver's license, sufficient automobile insurance,
acceptable driving record, and a safe reliable vehicle during
Program Supervisor Required Education and Experience
- Requires at least two years of applicable experience working
with people who have been impacted by homelessness, psychiatric
diagnosis, trauma, and/or addiction in position(s) that demonstrate
- Either a college degree OR at least four years of applicable
working experience in position(s) that demonstrate progressive
responsibility is required.
- Previous experience working in a community residential setting
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- College degree preferred.EEOC Statement: MHA Inc. provides
equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, MHA Inc. complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training
Keywords: Mental Health Association Inc, Springfield , Program Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!