Administrative Medical Assistant
Company: Commonwealth Care Alliance
Posted on: September 6, 2020
At Commonwealth Care Alliance (CCA), our vision is to lead the
way in transforming the nation's healthcare for individuals with
the most significant needs. If being part of a team and working on
combined solutions for patients matters to you---keep reading. We
may have something to talk about. The Administrative Medical
Assistant position includes a variety of support functions for the
clinical group. These functions are related to overall workflow for
clinical staff visiting members enrolled in either the Senior Care
Options (SCO) and/or One Care as well as managing a variety of
communications requests as directed by the clinical team. This
position will provide administrative support for the clinical
group, across the state, as needed. The Administrative Medical
Assistant, reports to the Medical Assistant Clinical Manager. At
CCA, your role matters. You'll be joining an organization that is
mission driven, believes in internal mobility, has excellent
benefits (see below) and embraces innovation when it comes to
serving our patients.
- Performs defined functions of the authorization process as
indicated by CCA policies and procedures.
- Faxing orders to community providers.
- Maintains reports of due dates for MDS and schedules visits for
RN/NPs across the state
- Ensures adherence to medical appointments, therapeutics, and
- At request of clinician, schedule patient appointments for
referrals to specialists.
- Maintain inventory of medical supplies and order as
- Track temperature reading for refrigerator in medical supply
- Reminder calls for home visits.
- Maintains appropriate written and oral communication on a
timely basis, completing documentation of scheduling attempts the
same day the attempt is made.
- Facilitates and/or delivers preventative care to members
according the guidelines deemed appropriate by CCA Clinical
Leadership. Guidelines may vary based on the individual makeup of
the member and is based on age, co morbidities, etc.
- Documents all activities and results using an Electronic
Medical Record, in an effective manner while strictly adhering to
CCA policies and maintains current log of prioritized ACAs across
the state and schedules APCs to complete the visit, documenting
scheduling attempts in the care management system and the scheduled
visits in the electronic health record.
- Attends all mandatory meetings and completes all mandatory
trainings, including but not limited to LMS and in-person
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Office/Administration experiencePreferred
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in a health plan, medical group,
health-related facility or medical/DME supplier
- Education, training or experience as an insurance coordinator
or medical coder/biller
- Graduate of a medical assisting program accredited by the
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
(CAAHEP) or by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools
- Certified or Registered Medical Assistant
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
- Bilingual English/SpanishDoes this sound like you? If you're
interested in this opportunity, please apply today. The process
takes 10-15 minutes. We offer excellent benefits, including:
Medical, dental and vision plans with low employee contributionsA
generous paid time off program403(b) with company matchLoan
Forgiveness ProgramEducational Assistance/Reimbursementkeywords:
medical assistant, CMA administrative assistant, receptionist,
health care, medical, office, MS Word, customer service,
Springfield, MA, Massachusetts
Keywords: Commonwealth Care Alliance, Springfield , Administrative Medical Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!