HIM Administrative Coordinator
Company: Miravista Behavioral Health Center
Posted on: November 17, 2021
MiraVista Behavioral Health Center is seeking health care
professionals who inspire.MiraVista, a new Behavioral Health
Hospital opened its doors in Western Massachusetts for individuals
in need of psychiatric, emotional, and substance use treatments in
May 2021!As a founding member at MiraVista, you will have a
once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be a part of developing a team to
deliver the quality care that originally brought you into the
healthcare profession.Responsibilities:Performs daily operations of
the department and departmental-related projects/processes to
include, but not necessarily limited to record completion, Master
Patient Index (MPI) maintenance, disclosure management of patient
information, chart auditing, Medical Staff Office functions.
- Identifies, researches and corrects data integrity issues
within the Master Patient Index (MPI). Communicates MPI data
integrity issues to all impacted areas.
- Scans/indexes documents accurately and in a timely manner.
- Analyzes medical records for deficiencies, flagging
deficiencies in CareVue for clinician completion.
- Analyzes medical record entries for completeness, timeliness,
and accuracy according to department procedure; assures key MR
analysis functions are performed on each record and that any
previous deficiencies in current charts are identified and noted in
CareVue. Audits accuracy of electronic entry and facilities
resolution of any discrepancies.
- Monitors delinquent records and notifies clinicians with
incomplete/delinquent medical records according to department
- Serves as a liaison to physicians and other medical support
staff to facilitate complete, timely, and accurate health
- Monitors the EMR to ensure user access is appropriate.
- Processes all ROI requests in accordance with federal and state
requirements and according to MVBHC policy and procedures.
- Receives subpoenas and assesses the subpoena's contents for
appropriateness including an indication of patient's awareness of
the request for the records. A requests court order or motion to
quash when appropriate. Professionally interacts with attorneys,
judges, and court clerks to accommodate the needs of the litigation
without violating the patient's rights.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all (patients,
employees, clinical staff, etc.) who present in person or call
querying about their requests for patient records. Explains clearly
and in a customer-friendly approach the policies of MVBHC and state
and federal government regulations.
- Working with all appropriate areas responds to patient/patient
representative requests for Accounting of Disclosure following
- Responds to patients requesting amendment of their records.
Explains to patients how their records may be amended and provide
amendment request form to the patient.
- Performs closed record review per TJC requirements.
- Stays abreast of and applies knowledge of all applicable
federal and state laws and regulations and accreditation
standards.Minimum Qualifications:Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2 years post-high school preferred; at least 5 years experience
in a health care settingSkills:
- Strong computer skills to include MS Office tools (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, and Outlook); Extensive use of computer and office
equipment including fax, copy machines, scanners.
- Technical skills to work with detailed systems, computer
applications, and intradepartmental units
- Knowledge of JCAHO requirements and federal and state
guidelines applicable to health record completeness and patient
- Knowledge of health information systems and data
- Knowledge of health record content and sequence.
- Strong analytical and communications skills;
- Ability to use judgment in carrying out all phases of the
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with regard to all phases
of the work.
- Ability to process work within presented deadlines and time
- Ability to manage multiple projects and large amounts of
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communications skills to ensure
effective outcomes in dealing with patients, the medical staff, and
other hospital employees. About MiraVistaMiraVista Behavioral
Health Center is an innovative 84-bed inpatient
hospital.MiraVista's mission is to provide compassionate,
effective, sustainable care for those suffering from psychiatric
distress and co-occurring substance abuse.The MiraVista approach
empowers you to shift from simply having a job in your chosen
career field to making a meaningful difference in the lives of
others.We seek innovative, energetic people who work well in teams
and who are driven to help patients and families in a time of need.
We offer comprehensive benefits including:
- Employer-paid STD, LTD, and LifeWe are an elite team of
psychiatric professionals that believe:
- We must always champion our patients.
- We work as part of a collaborative, empowered team in a
- We have a voice that is welcomed, encouraged, and
- We do what needs to be done to support one another.Is this the
type of professional life you want to be part of with patients and
their families? Apply now!MiraVista Behavioral Health Center is an
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Miravista Behavioral Health Center, Springfield , HIM Administrative Coordinator, Administration, Clerical , Holyoke, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!