Physician Office Medical Assistant
Posted on: March 18, 2023
NEW EMPLOYEE BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION- $1K POSITION SUMMARY:
Medical Assistants support providers in ECMPF medical office
settings. They are multi-skilled, assume a wide range of roles and
are viewed as vital partners in provider quality patient care and
increasing medical office productivity. Medical Assistants handle
both administrative and clinical duties and must demonstrate acute
attention to detail, accuracy, professional etiquette and superior
customer service and clinical skills at all times.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Completion of an accredited medical assistant program
- Certification through AAMA, AMT, ARMA, NRMA, AAMP, NHA or NCCA
required upon six (6) months of start date. EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience working in a medical facility preferred.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced confidential medical
- Must be team oriented with excellent written and verbal
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish
and maintain a safe work environment.
- Sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office
setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to
occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift,
care, push and /or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to
operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and
- Ability to maintain working relationships and interact with
patients and employees on a daily basis.
- Reliable transportation and the ability to float to other
offices when needed.
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills. ESSENTIAL DUTIES and
RESPONSIBILITIES: Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended,
nor should they be construed to be, exhaustive lists of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated
with the job. They are intended to be accurate reflections of the
principal duties and responsibilities of this position. These
responsibilities and competencies listed below may change from time
- Greet patient and prepare them for physician examination per
established office protocol.
- Keep information in the patient's chart current per established
- Documents all sample medication dispensed in the medical
- Provide oversight to vaccine program following State
- Checks and restocks rooms with necessary supplies and ensures
exam rooms are prepared for the day.
- Keep inventory of medical supplies and reports them to Office
Coordinator/Practice Manager for reorder.
- Report malfunction of medical equipment to Office
- Properly cleans and sterilizes equipment and prepares surgical
trays as indicated by the physician.
- Assist physician/practitioner with office surgical
- Perform EKG and Spirometry as ordered.
- Report lab results to patients and follow through with any
physician instructions to patients for follow up or change in
medication, including scheduling appointment when necessary.
- Answer requests from pharmacies for prescription refills per
- Prepare specimens and paperwork to submit to reference lab for
testing as directed my physician or midlevel.
- Instruct patients on how to proper collect sterile urine
- On a monthly basis check all medications (including samples)
and appropriately dispose of expired medications.
- Obtain precertifications for tests, procedures, treatments,
medications, and hospitalizations as needed.
- Schedule and arrange referrals and outside testing for patients
as directed by physician.
- Maintain work area in a neat and organized manner.
- Maintain appropriate documentation of compliance with CLIA
- Primary Care staff participates in Patient Centered Medical
Home Care Team collaborations.
- May be required to float to other offices and/or perform other
duties as requested by Management.
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPPA requirements.
Keywords: ECHN, Springfield , Physician Office Medical Assistant, Administration, Clerical , Monson, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...