Administrative Assistant - Interlayers Technology
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a
broad range of products found in items people use every day. With
the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way,
Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and
solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and
sustainability. The company's innovation-driven growth model takes
advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer
engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its
leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation,
building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive
and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people
around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries.
The company had 2018 revenues of approximately $10 billion and is
headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information,
Eastman's Springfield, MA location has an immediate need for an
Administrative Assistant to the Director, Interlayers
We are seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of
Administrative Assistant to the Technology Site Leader--at the
Solutia, Inc. Indian Orchard (Springfield) Massachusetts site.
The ideal candidate is professional with demonstrated capability
working in a diverse, high-performance and team-oriented
environment. Key attributes that will enable the candidate to be
- Strong time management skills (the ability to effectively plan,
schedule and organize)
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy in their
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in order to network
with people at all levels within the division, site, and across
multiple Eastman organizations
- Proactive in assisting the Technology Site Leader, Division
Leadership Team, and Site Leadership (10-15 people)
The selected candidate will assist in maintaining the Site Leader's
calendar, preparing for meetings, assembling and facilitating
information flow--within the division and key stakeholders.
Maintaining professionalism and exercising integrity in handling
highly confidential information at all times is a necessity.--
Duties supporting the--Site Leader--include:
- Assisting in planning, organizing and scheduling Site Leader's
- Maintaining follow up system for daily meetings, workshops,
agendas, deadlines, etc.
- Identifying and handling action items and due dates, and
responding for Director as appropriate.
- Making travel arrangements, detailed itineraries and trip files
for Site Leader's international and domestic travel.
Completing/verifying expense statements upon return.
- Liaison with administrative assistants in other functions and
across Technology divisions, building services, contractors and
- Preparing documents, reports and presentations using MS Office
- Track cost center budget for the division
- Willingness to learn about programs (SAP) and processes
Duties supporting the Division and Site Leadership Teams
- Organizing meetings using teleconferencing and video
conferencing equipment and applications. Meetings often include
regions outside the U.S. and require special consideration to
accommodate time differences.
- Managing and coordinating the flow of documents and
- Making international travel arrangements and itineraries
- Organizing logistics for visiting personnel
- Organizing workshops and preparing training materials for
Eastman personnel and technical training for customers
Duties supporting the Division include:
- Assisting division personnel with timekeeping and purchase
- Coordinating logistics for new employees and office moves
- Bachelors level degree required
- Minimum 3 years administrative experience required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, oral and written
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to produce
accurate, error-free work.
- Exceptionally proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word,
Excel and PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
- Capable of maintaining discretion and confidentiality.
- Able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in
a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Good follow through skills
- Patience and pleasant interaction with others; service
- Outstanding ability to take initiative and assume
responsibility for projects and tasks.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Excellent judgment and decision-making skills.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any
other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and
a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to
their fullest potential each day.
Keywords: Eastman, Springfield , Administrative Assistant - Interlayers Technology, Administration, Clerical , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!