Grant Monitor (Principal Consultant #1788)
Company: The Illinois Association of School Administrators
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Reporting to the Director, performs work ranging from moderate
to high complexity applying practices and expertise in areas of
accounting, auditing, financial management and continuous
improvement. As a member of a team, regularly coordinates
monitoring programs and reviews of grant recipient corrective
action plans for the purpose of determining fiscal and programmatic
compliance with applicable federal and state rules and regulations,
agency guidelines and the enhancement of the quality of the
programs. Assists in collecting and analyzing data. DUTIES AND
- Coordinates and reviews grant recipients' corrective action
plans to ensure an adequate resolution to monitoring review
findings, including collection of supporting documentation for
inclusion in audit files.
- As a member of a team or independently, performs desk reviews
- Assists colleagues including reviewing programmatic
documentation to ensure compliance with state and/or federal laws,
program regulations and guidelines for all types of state and
federal education programs as assigned; compiling and writing
detailed documentation for work performed including findings,
conclusions and recommendations according to standards and assists
staff colleagues in same duties.
- Assists the monitoring team in completing the review,
developing and drafting findings, ensuring adequate resolution of
quality review questions, and complying with professional
- Reviews audit/monitoring reports for content and quality.
- Assists in data collection to support field work.
- Assists department management in business plan measurement,
collecting data for risk analysis.
- Reviews A-133 audits to assist in revenue source determination
and maintenance of referral for review file.
- Assists in the planning and coordination of department
activities including operational enhancements, data storage and
retrieval, analysis of data and makes recommendations to the
- Participates in workshops, conferences and task forces to
disseminate information related to the monitoring function.
- Suggests and participates in training opportunities to improve
individual skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications REQUIRED
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting,
Auditing, Finance, School Business Management or School
Administration or a Bachelor's Degree in one of the above areas
plus two years of relevant professional experience. (COPY OF
TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years of experience (in addition to education requirements)
in accounting, auditing, finance, business management, or grant
management in compliance or regulatory environments.
- Demonstrated ability in accounting, auditing, finance, or
financial management practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to define problems and apply problem
solving techniques to complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability working in compliance and regulatory
- Demonstrated ability and success in conducting multi-task
assignments and meeting deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated ability in adhering to established policies and
- Valid Illinois Driver's License and some travel. PREFERRED:
- Knowledge of school business financial practices and
- Knowledge of education grants. Salary/Benefits UNION: IFSOE
ANTICIPATED STARTING SALARY RANGE: 52,618-67,204 FULL SALARY RANGE:
52,618-91,998 OFFICE HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
How to Apply To view full posting and apply electronically, please
Interested parties must submit the required application, cover
letter, resume, and transcripts (unofficial until recommended for
hire). The subject line should include the position number(s) you
are applying for. District Name IL State Board of Education
Building Name Alzina Address 100 North First Street
Springfield, IL 62777 Phone (217)782-2223 Fax (217)785-3972 IASA
Region Abe Lincoln County Sangamon Employment Type Full-time
permanent Job Category Agency/Association Grade Level Other
Keywords: The Illinois Association of School Administrators, Springfield , Grant Monitor (Principal Consultant #1788), Education / Teaching , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!