6th Grade School Social Studies Teacher (SY23-24)
Company: Springfield Prep Charter School
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Who are we?Springfield Prep Charter School is a K-8 public
charter school in Springfield, Massachusetts that prepares all
students for high school, college, and life. We are driven by the
belief that all children deserve a world-class education and that
they can and will achieve when provided with high expectations,
rigorous curriculum, and a joyful school culture.What makes
teaching at Springfield Prep different?
- Co-teaching and collaboration are the norm
- Weekly 1-on-1 coaching in your first year; bi-weekly coaching
for all teachers
- Weekly, professional development and team meeting time built
into the schedule (students dismiss at 12:30 pm on Fridays to
- Resources, support, and planning time to develop and refine
curriculum and lesson plans
- Incredible Operations, Student Support, and School Culture
teams so you can focus on teachingWhat will you do as a Social
Studies Teacher at our School?
- Join a mission-driven community where everyone works together
towards a common goal.
- Develop and continuously improve an engaging, rigorous
curriculum to build students' knowledge base in history, geography,
and current events while pushing students to think critically and
create compelling content-based writing
- Provide engaging, motivating, and rigorous instruction in whole
class, small group, and individual settings.
- Exemplify your conviction that all students, regardless of
their background, can achieve at the highest levels by using
student achievement data to drive and differentiate your
- Build relationships with students and families to create a
positive classroom culture with high expectations and respect for
students' diverse backgrounds and identities.
- Teach and uphold school-wide expectations and systems for
- Grow as an educator through weekly coaching and professional
development.Who should apply?Our community and student body are
diverse, and we believe that we can best achieve our mission when
our leadership, teachers, and staff reflect our students'
identities. Therefore, we are committed to being a diverse
organization at all levels. With this in mind, we encourage people
from all backgrounds and identities to apply.We do have a few
requirements and preferred qualifications for our teachers:
- You must have earned a Bachelor's degree by the start of the
- You can join us in early August 2023 and commit to our
schedule: (7:25 am-3:50 pm)
- Classroom teaching experience and/or certification(s) are
- Don't yet have classroom experience? Check out our Middle
School Humanities Associate Teacher role, too!Compensation and
BenefitsWe offer competitive compensation and comprehensive
benefits, including generous paid family leave and all the benefits
of the Massachusetts Teacher Retirement System (MTRS).We are an
Equal Employment Opportunity EmployerAs an equal opportunity
employer, Springfield Preparatory Charter School provides equal
employment opportunities without regard to race, religion, creed,
color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, military service, disability, genetic information,
or any other category protected by federal or state law.Job Type:
Full-timePay: $51,000.00 - $85,000.00 per yearSchedule:
- Monday to FridayWork Location: In person
Keywords: Springfield Prep Charter School, Springfield , 6th Grade School Social Studies Teacher (SY23-24), Education / Teaching , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...