Chief Facility Engineer
Posted on: February 25, 2021
We are still hiring during COVID-19. Click here for details. We
are still hiring during COVID-19.
While the world faces COVID-19, we want you to know we are still
Because we care about your safety, we will be looking to shift
in-person interviews to virtual interviews, we will be joining and
sponsoring virtual job fairs in the coming days and weeks. Our
recruiters and hiring managers have the tools they need to conduct
We are looking forward to meeting you, albeit virtually and safely.
We will all get through this together.
"Working together, we will emerge stronger than ever as a nation,"
John Vollmer, Amentum CEO Amentum is looking for an Chief
Engineer--to join our team in Springfield, VA to support our
mission critical customer.-- Must be a US Citizen.-- Must possess
an active--Top Secret security clearance.-- The selected candidate
will perform as a lead and expert on the most complex engineering
assignments in planning and overseeing research, development,
design, manufacture, test, installation, operation, and maintenance
of diverse electronic/mechanical equipment and systems and
generally recognized as an expert in significant engineering task
areas. The Chief Facility Engineer is responsible for the overall
management and operation of the mechanical, life safety, electrical
and plumbing operations of the facility.
- Perform a range of design development, analysis, or review
tasks independently providing supervision of contributing
- Responsible for complete designs, analyses, or design reviews
independently or as the team leader.
- Generate complete design specifications for the most complex
- Acts as and is recognized as a Company/industry expert resource
on the most complex engineering problems
- May lead/supervisor engineering teams and act as a mentor to
engineering team members.
- May train other engineers on technical issues related to the
research, design, development,--testing and analysis of engineering
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics,
financial, and program--management disciplines to define system
specifications and requirements
- Establish and maintain a filing system or databases as needed
for tracking project status.
- Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and
- Direct interface and liaison with internal and external
customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test
activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to
comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conduct site visits and experimental investigations and analyze
engineering problems, propose--solutions and alternatives, and
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and
- Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform
- Support development of technical proposal and provide comments
on the technical content and--level of effort of the proposed scope
- May provide technical management and leadership to a group of
employees for a given project, contract or job with overall
responsibility for cost, schedule technical and employee
performance. Perform all other position related duties as assigned
or requested Bachelors degree in Engineering and at least 10 years
of job-related experience, 18 years of relevant experience may be
considered in lieu of a degree, and be a registered Professional
Engineer. Excellent communications and analytical skills; working
knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application
programs. Some positions may require the ability to investigate,
troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational
hardware and software. Position may require travel. Must be a US
citizen. Must possess and maintain an active Top Secret clearance
with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. Must possess
- Monitoring and implementing energy conservation measures.
- Building management systems, including CMMS, BAS, and
- Operating and repairing all sizes of chillers, boilers, pumps,
motors, air handlers, HVAC units, and UPS systems. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Amentum, Springfield , Chief Facility Engineer, Engineering , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!