Posted on: January 22, 2023
Top Firm Needs A Mechanical EngineerThis Jobot Job is hosted by:
Dominic DelanyAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply
Now" button and sending us your resume.Salary: $70,000 - $105,000
per yearA bit about us:We are seeking a detail oriented, organized,
dependable Mechanical Design Engineer to join our organization in
Agawam, MA. The ideal candidate will research, plan, and design
mechanical and electromechanical products and systems, and direct
and coordinate activities involved in fabrication, assembly,
operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical or
electromechanical products and systems by performing the following
duties:ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposals,
specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or
- Designs prototypes, products and/or systems such as
instruments, controls, mechanisms, and mechanical, thermal,
hydraulic, or heat transfer systems.
- Creates detailed engineering documentation, including component
and assembly drawings, Bills of Material (BOMs) and test reports in
support of product development and sustainment.
- Fabricates and assembles prototypes, manufacturing fixtures and
test control equipment, and develops methods and procedures for
testing products or systems.
- Coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure
products and systems conform to engineering design and customer
- Analyzes product or equipment specifications and performance
requirements to determine designs which can be produced by existing
manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Provides technical information concerning manufacturing or
processing techniques, materials, properties, and process
advantages and limitations which affect long range product
- Acquires, compiles and analyzes operational, test, and research
data to establish performance standards for newly designed or
modified equipment or product.
- Plans, develops, and executes experimental test programs.
Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets
functional and performance specifications.
- Evaluates engineering test results for possible application to
developments of systems or other uses.
- Evaluates field installations and recommends design
modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.Why join
us?To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from an
accredited college or university.
- 3 or more years experience in a product design and
- Strong troubleshooting and Problem-Solving Skills especially
with mechanical systems.
- 3D Modeling and CAD experience required; Solid Works experience
- Proficient in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
(GD&T), Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFMA) and Design
to Unit Production Cost (DTUPC).
- Thorough understanding of Engineering Change Order system.Job
Detailsa leading provider of engine governing and system controls
to a worldwide list of equipment manufacturers and power providers.
From isochronous governors and fuel controls to sophisticated
multi-engine load sharing/power control systems, GAC has innovative
solutions to meet and exceed all of your needs. GAC also provides
practical solutions for custom applications with complete design,
development, production and marketing capabilities. Manufactured in
the USA, GAC products are sold and supported by GAC's established
worldwide network of representatives and distributors.Interested in
hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now"
Keywords: Jobot, Springfield , Mechanical Engineer, Engineering , Agawam, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!