Posted on: January 15, 2019
Since 1851, MassMutual's commitment has always been to help people protect their families, support their communities, and help one another. This is why we want to inspire people to Live Mutual. We're people helping people.
A career with us means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright, innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
Together, we're stronger.
What great looks like in this role
Our ideal Infrastructure Engineering candidate is team-oriented, possesses excellent communication and is skilled in Akamai, Python, Powershell, Nodejs, etc... to assist with designing and developing the infrastructure that powers CX. You'll use your skills to work in close partnership with product and technical leads to communicate issues and help envision creative solutions to technical challenges. You're also team-oriented and take a collaborative approach when working others. You aid in generating flexibility within a tech solution / team, and focus on development into other areas while working in a fast-paced innovative and collaborative environment in the Digital Experience organization at MassMutual.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
- Manage execution and timely completion of engineering projects by analyzing scope, determining project specifications, establishing testing methods for product investigations, analyzing test programs for adequacy and sequence, examing samples for compliance with requirements, and preparing reports
- Formulate plans with detailed drawings, diagrams, project specifications and budget estimates, and read and interpret precast reinforcement shop drawings, civil grading plans and structural drawings
- Maintain system functionality through rigorous testing, identifying ways to improve efficiency and productivity, and providing maintenance and support activities for all existing solutions
- Monitor industry trends and implement appropriate methods to keep production on the cutting edge, while meeting financial goals and providing cost savings
- Utilize software programming for the preparation of technical specifications, user documentation, presentations, and progress and results tracking
- Build professional skills through continued training, education, and networking events
Skills and qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in a complex web infrastructure environment
- Experience with web infrastructure and web infrastructure design concepts
- Exposure to scripting languages (Python, Powershell, NodeJS, etc.)
- Understanding of web security concepts and security in-depth
- Ability to grasp large scale, enterprise class deployments
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services and cloud services
- Experience supporting complex environments
- Software system integration
- Troubleshooting and triage of complex production issues
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Understanding of the Atlassian productivity suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc)
- Bachelor's degree is required
- 7+ years of experience in a complex web infrastructure environment
- Experience designing, developing, testing and evaluating results in Akamai
- Comfortable challenging status quo
- Ability to look at the big picture and recommend designs based on industry best practice.
- Deep understanding of Internet based protocol (HTTP, TLS/SSL) and how "the Internet works"
- Experience integrating third party applications with on-prem/AWS deployed solutions
- Experience with many of the following: NGINX, AWS, F5, IHS/Apache, Python, NodeJS, netmon/wireshark, Auth0, Okta, LDAP, Active Directory, IBM ISAM, F5
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to think critically under pressure and deliver on time
Working at MassMutual
A career at MassMutual means you will work alongside exceptional people and be empowered to reach
your professional and personal goals. Our employees are the foundation of what makes MassMutual a
strong, stable and ethical business. We seek and value unique and varied perspectives and experiences
because we believe we are stronger when all voices are heard. We invite you to bring your bright,
innovative ideas to MassMutual as we continue to help millions of Americans rely on each other.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender
Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans
are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
Ranked No. 93 in the annual FORTUNE -- 500 Ranking (FORTUNE -- Magazine, June 2018) and recognized as a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere, MassMutual is guided by a single purpose: We help people secure their future and protect the ones they love. As a company owned by our policyowners, we are defined by mutuality and our vision to put customers first. It's more than our company structure - it's our way of life. We are a company of people protecting people. Our company exists because people are willing to share risk and resources, and rely on each other when it counts. At MassMutual, we Live Mutual.
Focus on the Customer: We understand our customers well and look for every opportunity to deliver an experience that is clear, easy, personal, human, empowering and trustworthy.
Act with Integrity: We deliver on our promises by being open, honest and humble and by adhering to the letter and spirit of applicable laws, rules, regulations and company policies.
Value People: We respect and learn from each other's diverse backgrounds, experiences and ideas. We engage and develop people to their greatest potential.
Work Collaboratively: We work together to achieve results by actively listening, seeking, understanding and creating solutions as a unified team driving toward one company, one culture, one brand.
Achieve Results: We focus on winning by exceeding expectations and getting better - everyone, every day.
For more information, visit www.massmutual.com or find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest.
MassMutual is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply. Note: Veterans are welcome to apply, regardless of their discharge status.
Keywords: MassMutual, Springfield , Infrastructure Engineer, Engineering , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!