Assistant Fleet Maintenance Manager
Company: First Student
Posted on: January 15, 2021
First Student is now hiring an Assistant Fleet Maintenance Manager
at our Springfield, MA location! The Assistant Maintenance Manager
supports location management with oversight and day-to
day-management of an effective fleet maintenance program to ensure
that vehicles are maintained in an efficient and safety-conscious
manner. Aids in planning, scheduling, performing, directing,
evaluating repairs and servicing of vehicles, and maintaining
appropriate records. Directs repairs and preventive maintenance
programs that minimize cost and maximize the use of vehicles. Must
routinely advise, consult, and help technicians, providing guidance
on complex issues as needed. Other duties include assigning jobs,
as well as establishing deadlines and modifying work schedules to
meet deadlines as needed. Supports Maintenance Manager in all
location maintenance operation, directly supervises maintenance
staff and has full supervisory authority when in event of
Maintenance Manager absence. Shift: Second Shift Hours Why pick
First Student? We are proud to offer the following:
- $55,000-$65,000 salary based on experience &
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental,
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Growth potential - Advance your career nationwide with First
Student, Greyhound, First Transit, & First Vehicle Services
- Ongoing cutting-edge training Assistant Service Manager Job
- Assists Maintenance Manager in management responsibility for
the entire maintenance department including maintenance control,
compliance, quality assurance and warranty administration of
vehicles; recommends and administers policies and procedures.
Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch and
other operations personnel.
- Supports Maintenance Manager by leading by example. Builds and
maintains a strong positive maintenance team through effective
recruiting, on-boarding, training, coaching, team building and
succession planning. Prepare and participate in the preparation of
technician development plans for each shop employee. Assess the
skills and skill levels necessary to achieve shop objectives.
Ensures all on-line learning courses required have been completed
by shop staff including their own individual completion.
- Works closely Maintenance, Location and Region Maintenance
Management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements.
May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or
code and approve account payable documents.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal
and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and
that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with
company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews repair orders. May order fuel for vehicles, order
parts, and subcontract repair work.
- Initiates and implements projects that improve efficiency
and/or reduces operating costs.
- Assesses and monitors workload, administrative and support
systems, and internal reporting relationships; identifies
opportunities for improvement; directs and implements changes
- Assists Technicians with labor work as needed or required.
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of
service delivery methods and procedures; allocates resources
accordingly. Ensures that maintenance technicians are trained on
current operating procedures, are properly equipped, and motivated
so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe,
timely and cost-effective manner.
- Supervises bus fueling. May arrange services for building and
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures
- Completes special projects as assigned. May perform hands-on
work activities. Assistant Service Manager Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred; Technical training
- Possess CDL Operator's license with required endorsements
- Advanced mechanical aptitude and 3+ years of automotive or
diesel repair experience preferred; school bus equipment is a
- 1+ years of supervisory experience in a lead technician role,
supervisor or other management role requiring thorough knowledge of
safe working practices, DOT, OSHA and other federal and state
- Strong experience with computerized diagnostics
- ASE Master Certification preferred
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong written and oral communication and customer service
skills with the ability to interact with all levels of employees
and/or customer in a positive manner
- Advanced analytical, financial and decision-making skills
- Advanced proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office
and web-based applications
- Willingness to participate in company training programs
- Subject to a drug test. Apply online today to become a part of
our team! FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los
Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Keywords: First Student, Springfield , Assistant Fleet Maintenance Manager, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!