Posted on: February 22, 2021
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for
industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and
assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more
than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading,
PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We
complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems
with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales
and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of
battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored
DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring
all employees possess the following core competencies: customer
focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication
skills, and works safely. This position will be focusing primarily
on our Reserve Power applications, which include
telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS),
utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting and general
electronics. Some of the reserve power brands include
PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product range serves
a variety of reserve power applications and consistently delivers
the most effective, powerful and reliable batteries available. Job
Purpose The Shift Manager oversees and directs all activities of
manufacturing in the Finishing, Formation, and EOL departments,
with the purpose of producing quality batteries, within costs, on
schedule, exceeding the customer's expectations. Essential Duties
- Manages the activities of the Finishing, Formation, and EOL
departments, under the direction of the Production Manager.
- Plans, organizes, directs and controls the Department
Supervisor's activities, providing clear direction in their
responsibilities and daily activities.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to
fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver
manufactured products in a timely fashion.
- Provides job/skills-based training to grow the business and to
replace employees lost to attrition.
- Participates in the development of a close communication link
between the shop personnel, Engineering, and Quality to improve
profitability through greater efficiency, reduced scrap and rework
costs and improved overall quality.
- Works closely with others in establishing schedules to satisfy
manufacturing requirements and provide for the lowest cost in goods
produced while meeting quality and schedule requirements.
- Supervise department Supervisors and Production Associates in
coordinating department activities. Qualifications
- Requires a B.S. Degree in a related field, or 5 to 10 years of
progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities, 3 of
which must be in a supervisory capacity.
- Familiarity with management principles and practices through
significant manufacturing management experience.
- Interpersonal skills to manage large workgroups.
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills to model for
subordinate supervisors in dealing positively with employees,
vendors, and customers.
- --Effective oral and written communication skills, including
- This position requires that the person be a highly organized,
self-motivated individual who can work independently. General Job
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal
physical demands. EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities
to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Keywords: Enersys, Springfield , Production Manager, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!