Company: Medilodge of Montrose
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Wantmore than just a job, looking for a career? MediLodge wants
you! Weare currently hiring for--an Admissions Director.
MediLodgeis a skilled nursing group that is looking for the best,
most compassionateemployees to join our team. Acareer with
MediLodge is a rewarding one where you can see the impact
onresidents and their family members. Wepromote "growing our own"
and are very involved in our employees development,helping them to
achieve their goals! MediLodge offers Top Notch Benefit Packagesto
our Employees! Competitive Wages Tuition Reimbursement Student Loan
Repayment Program Opportunities for Advancement Company Paid Life
Insurance Paid Sick & Vacation Time 401k Program Aflac and Colonial
Ancillary Insurance Products Helpus make a difference! Summary
Manages the facility inquiry and admission process and provides
customers with facility-related information via, personal
visits/assessments, presentations, facility tours and follow-up.
Coordinates and implements effective sales and marketing programs
with Admissions Team. Qualifications
- Associate and/or Bachelor's Degree in Business/Communications
- Two years equivalent experience in a sales/marketing position
or Admissions Coordinator position in lieu of degree.
- Previous healthcare community relation's experience
- One year of experience in a position requiring sales/marketing
or customer service. A background in community involvement is
- Nursing license preferred but not required Essential Functions
- Responds to inquiries from hospital discharge planners,
families, and other referral sources. Manages the inquiry process
professionally, timely and with appropriate follow-up. Manages the
admission process by maintaining updated bed availability and
facility services information. Conducts facility tours as necessary
Effectively manages occupancy levels and census/premium mix
- Makes outside sales calls to hospital discharge planners,
medical, insurance, legal and financial professionals, and senior
organizations, appropriate special interest groups, and other
community contacts. Develops and maintains relationships to advise
referral sources of bed availability and new products and services.
Maintains current database of existing and potential referral
sources. Utilizes company's sales practices and sales tracking
- Spends at least 50% of time outside the facility on
marketing/sales activity generating referrals and admissions.
- Participates in daily stand-up meetings to alert department
heads and building staff of projected admissions, and to be made
aware of bed changes, and upcoming discharges, Maintains a close
working relationship with the Director of Nursing (DNS) and the
Business Office Manager (BOM) to assure appropriate and efficient
decisions about prospective admissions. Utilizes the 1-2-3
Admission Protocol to insure admission decisions are made in a
timely manner., Communicates promptly with referral sources
regarding admission decision. Communicates special needs for
admission to appropriate staff
- Inputs daily referral sources and admissions data into the
automated referral system.
- Follows up daily on all active and pending inquiries.
- Ensures that every admission is educated about and encouraged
to sign up for the Alternative Dispute Resolution program, in
states where the Company chooses to offer it.)
- Coordinates the development and implementation of sales and
marketing plans; serves as a chairperson for weekly
Marketing/Census Development meetings, monitors budgets and tracks
- Maintains a working knowledge of Federal and State regulations
and reimbursement guidelines (Medicare and Medicaid). Assists with
managed care referral process. May provide assistance with new
employee orientation for the admission process.
- Maintains a database of medical contacts/community resources
along with knowledge of industry trends and legislative/regulatory
issues and communicates this information to facility staff and
- Develops and implements special events and presentations
targeted at community education, establishing and maintaining
status for the facility as the expert on skilled nursing, specialty
programs, and rehabilitation care in the community.
- Monitors and evaluates customer satisfaction with current and
former patients, their families and referral sources using the
Corporate Family Survey. Evaluates customer satisfaction with
community sources and inquiries that were unable to admit. Shares
results with the management team, Admissions Team , PI committee,
and others as appropriate to develop action plans as needed.
- Keeps all patient information confidential
- Performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge/Skills/Abilities
- Knowledge of or ability to learn reimbursement programs.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with
residents, their family members, referral sources and at all levels
of the organization both orally and in written form.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to organize and
- Skilled at making presentations/public speaking.
- Able to work independently, self-motivated and goal oriented.
Demonstrates self confidence.
- Ability to establish and maintain working relationships with
multiple and varied people and organizations.
- Ability to work flexible hours, as admission responsibilities
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Must be capable of performing the essential job functions of
this job, with or without reasonable accommodations
Keywords: Medilodge of Montrose, Springfield , Admissions Director, Executive , Southfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!