Vice President, Construction Services (Regular-Full Time)
Company: Sun Communities
Posted on: February 22, 2021
The Vice President of Construction Services is responsible for
leadership, management and oversight of capital improvement and
capital expansion projects within their region. Additionally, is
responsible for management, assistance and guidance of operations
team capital projects. This position will office out the
West--Coast, preferably Arizona, California, Colorado, Oregon or
- Manages community expansion and development projects including
design, permitting, budgeting and construction management. Ensures
all aspects are in compliance with Sun standards.
- Leads and manages consultants working on expansion and
- Manages large capital projects such as clubhouses, Water
Treatment Plant and Waste Water Treatment Plant upgrades and
- Manages and ensures regulatory compliance of Water Treatment
Plant and Waste Water Treatment Plant facilities in assigned
- Assists management and all communities in addressing and
resolving construction or infrastructure related issues.
- Coordinates team member selection and development and ensures
team members comply with appropriate policies and procedures.
- Adheres to Suns Timekeeping Policy by reviewing, verifying
accuracy, approving and submitting direct report(s) time
- Partners with Team Relations on team member counseling and
recommendation of termination when appropriate.
- Conducts team member performance reviews and recommends
- Reviews and analyzes multiple contract proposals and selects
qualified contractors to complete the capital improvement within
the budgeted amount.
- Monitors contractors work progress, including site visits, to
ensure projects are completed on time.
- Communicates with consultants, engineers and contractors and
negotiates the amount of additional expenses that may occur
throughout the completion of a capital improvement project.
- Reviews contractors invoices to compare and contrast actual
cost against proposed expense to bring the project in, at or under
- Summarizes and prepares bid results for the Senior Vice
President of Construction Services.
- Acts as an advisor to Senior, Divisional and Regional Vice
Presidents on construction matters.
- Prepares monthly reports, updating progress on all
- Prepares financial analysis on upcoming projects and works to
- Manages consultants and construction managers working on
assigned projects to ensure compliance with project goals.
- Monitors construction sites periodically to ensure overall
- Manages direct staff to ensure all WTF and WWTF regulatory
compliance is achieved.
- Trains/empowers community management on the maintenance and
operations of their infrastructure.
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in in Construction Management (Required)
- 5 years job related experience
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Understanding of budgeting and financial analysis
- Ability to effectively manage staff and self-perform
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to read and understand
- Ability to calculate areas and volumes of pipe quantities
- Ability to travel by car or plane with overnight stays as
required: 60-70%. Includes some day trips and overnight trips
BENEFITS At Sun Communities, you will be part of an
industry-leading organization where you will be challenged,
inspired, rewarded and transformed. We place a high priority on our
team members, and this is a big part of what sets us apart. We will
ask you to give us your very best every day, and will challenge you
with interesting work, stretch assignments, a collaborative and
supportive work environment and plenty of learning and growth. In
exchange, we will reward you with great pay, advancement
opportunities, paid time off, great benefits, and flexibility.
- Comprehensive Medical and Prescription coverage with two PPO
plan designs so you can choose the plan that best meets the needs
of you and your family
- Voluntary Vision Plan with the option of electing coverage for
you and your family members at affordable rates
- Voluntary Health and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Identity Theft Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement program providing financial support to
team members who further their formal education
- Site Rent Discounts for team members who live in our
- Paid Time Off including nine holidays, vacation, personal, sick
time, bereavement and pay for jury duty Southfield, MI, US
Employment Type: Regular Classification: Full Time Job Reference:
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Construction, Executive, VP, Wastewater, Water
Treatment, Engineering, Management
Keywords: Sun Communities, Springfield , Vice President, Construction Services (Regular-Full Time), Executive , Southfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!