Company: Wittenberg University
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Location: 200 W. Ward Street
Springfield, Ohio 45504
(800) 677-7558 Director of Student Involvement and Sorority &
Fraternity Life Category: Administrative Positions Department:
Student Involvement Locations: Springfield, OH Posted: Jan 12, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled Type: Full-time Non-Exempt Ref.--No.:
1-84016-50102 Position--ID: 127459 Share About Wittenberg
In surveying the grounds of what is now Wittenberg University, the
Rev. Ezra Keller, the college's first president and founder,
remarked: "This is a lovely spot for a literary institution," one
that will attract hundreds of students "to drink at the pure
fountains of knowledge, and then go forth into the world to do
good." Today, that lovely spot now encompasses more than 100 acres
of rolling hills and lush hollows across southwestern Ohio with
architecturally distinct structures that embrace Wittenberg's past
and provide a beautiful backdrop to the teaching excellence and
faith-based learning environment that has defined the liberal arts
University since its founding in 1845. Nationally recognized for
accessible professors, best classroom experience, service
excellence, and a superior athletics tradition, Wittenberg is home
to 1,500 students, over 50 majors, minors and special programs,
three graduate programs, and 25 varsity sports.
Wittenberg University is accepting applications for the position
Director of Student Involvement and Sorority & Fraternity Life. The
Director will oversee the strategic direction, management, and
support for sorority and fraternity life, student organizations,
club sports, student center, and University scheduling. This role
seeks to position Student Involvement as a hub for campus
engagement, student connection, and learning. The Director
supervises the Assistant Director of Student Involvement--and the
Assistant Director, Student Center, Scheduling & Events. In
addition, the role supports the integrated programming and
promotion of campus events and management of registered student
organizations.--This is a full-time, exempt-level position
reporting to the Senior Associate Dean of Students.-- Essential
functions include but are not limited to:
- Manage the Sorority & Fraternity community including: advising
Panhellenic Council, Interfraternity Council; advising Chapters
(including officers, members, and new members); coordinating
meetings, communication, standards, education with Chapter
advisors, national representatives, and fraternity and sorority
life Honor Societies; coordinating fraternity and sorority
- Oversee and manage registered student organizations including
the financial, risk, programmatic, operational, and administrative
management. Leverage student organizations to create vibrant and
engaging co-curricular experiences for students. This includes
educational programming, officer training, and annual registration
processes for the student organization, honor societies, and club
- Provide leadership and management for the day-to-day operations
of the Office of Student Involvement and Student Center to create a
culture of service excellence, engagement, and support for student
leaders and student organizations and role within the campus
community. Oversee the student coordinator program to meet office,
student center, and student learning needs.--
- Supervise the Assistant Director Student Center, Scheduling &
Events and the Assistant Director, Student Involvement to meet the
needs of the office, student--center and institution.--
- Provide leadership in the financial management of student
organizations; review and monitor budget accounts; oversee
financial transactions for student organizations; and develop
systems, policies and procedures to monitor expenditures by student
- Monitor student organization risk management processes,
including organization conduct and University group social event
and programming with alcohol registration processes and
- Direct the management of Wittenberg's Club Sports programs
including: risk management education and policies; registration;
volunteer coach management; and member development.
- Oversee the creation, promotion, and execution of collaborative
large-scale, alternative, social programming to spur student
connection and engagement. Collaborate with University offices on
special programming including Welcome Week, Homecoming, and Family
- Lead and execute Leadership Awards annually.
- Serve in the Student Development on-call rotation assisting
with emergencies and critical incidents.
- Participate in appropriate staff development opportunities,
serve on campus, community, and professional association
committees, appropriately keep supervisors abreast of matters
sensitive in nature, and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Serve on campus committees.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned such as special
projects, programs, developmental activities, etc.
- A master's degree in higher education/student affairs or
related field is required.
- Three to five years experience advising and educating sorority
and fraternity communities, union operations, student programming,
and/or advising--student groups is required.
- Experience as supervisor/manager.
- Excellent customer service, time management, and communication
- Ability to work with a variety of constituents, solve problems
quickly and professionally, anticipate needs, and communicate
- Candidates should be committed to student success and have a
commitment to and understanding of a liberal arts education and
diversity at a church-related college.
- Competency and--experience using Microsoft Office software,
specifically proficient in the use of Excel, Publisher, Outlook,
and PowerPoint with the ability and desire to learn additional
software applications as necessary.
- Night and weekend work will be required depending on campus
events and needs.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with assistance.
- A valid driver's license is required; must meet required
insurance qualifications found in Wittenberg Motor Pool policies
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly
qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our
student body and society at-large. Please see our--notice of
nondiscrimination --housed on our website.
-- The successful candidate will demonstrate support for diversity,
equity and inclusiveness as well as participate in maintaining a
respectful, positive work environment.
Review of applications will begin immediately and the position will
remain open until filled.
-- To apply, please set-up an account--in--our online recruiting
system and upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe
- Name, address, and phone number of three professional
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with
the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human
Resources Department at 937.327.7517. Wittenberg University - Post
Office Box 720 - Springfield, Ohio 45501 - Ph:800-677-7558
Keywords: Wittenberg University, Springfield , Director, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!