Assistant Director of Nursing & Staff Development (ADON/SDC) (RN)
Company: Next Step Healthcare
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Assistant Director of Nursing & Staff Development (ADON/SDC)
for Lee Healthcare
Full Time Position
If you have a passion for helping people, for making them feel
safe, respected, cared for and listened to, then your next step is
At Next Step Healthcare, we know that working in the healthcare
industry is more than just a job - it's a way of life reserved for
the most compassionate, caring, and hard-working individuals. We
are privileged to work alongside people who believe, like we do,
that locally owned and operated healthcare facilities should go
beyond simply "meeting the needs" of its residents.
In this role, the ADON/SDC will assist the Director of Nursing
Services in planning, organizing, developing and directing the day
to day functions of the Nursing Services Department in accordance
with current federal, state and local standards governing long term
care facilities, and as may be directed by the Administrator.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Participate in developing, maintaining and periodically
updating written nursing policies, procedures, reference materials,
manual, objectives and philosophies.
- Provide general orientation, mandatory in-services, continuing
education, and other training to meet all department and facility
needs and regulatory requirements.
- Determine and assess facility education needs; plan, develop,
and implement training.
- Assist in developing and implementing methods for coordinating
nursing services with other resident services.
- Implement plans of action to correct deficiencies.
- Ensure that all nursing services personnel are performing their
- Participate in surveys and inspections by government
- Review nurse's notes to ensure proper documentation is
maintained relating to resident's treatment, medications and
- Report problems areas to the Director of Nursing Services and
assist in developing corrective actions.
- Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing and currently
licensed by the state.
- Must have good verbal and communication skills with the ability
to demonstrate organizational and educations skills.
- Long term care, skilled nursing experience is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of general, rehabilitative and
restorative nursing and medical practices and procedures and laws,
regulations and guidelines governing long term care.
- Completion of an Associate's Degree in Nursing.
- Must have basic computer skills.
Benefits include but not limited to:
- Paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday)
- Medical through BCBS
- Life Insurance
We're looking for the best of the best, could that be you?
Next Step Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace
diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace for
all employees. At the core of our business, we aim to support,
inspire and empower all of our employees so that we can offer the
best care to our residents. In order to provide the best care, we
must provide the best work environment, and that starts with a
diverse staff. Next Step Healthcare does not discriminate in
employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political
affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability,
genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization,
retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Next Step Healthcare, Springfield , Assistant Director of Nursing & Staff Development (ADON/SDC) (RN), Executive , Adams, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!