Chief Development Officer
Company: Takeda Pharmaceuticals International GmbH
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Kids Kicking Cancer is an evidence-based innovative program that
merges modern integrative medicine with traditional martial arts.
Specially trained black belt martial artists teach breathing,
visualization, and relaxation techniques, in addition to
traditional martial arts moves, to help empower the children and
provide them with a sense of power, peace, and purpose. Our Heroes
Circle program allows very sick children with all types of
illnesses to be in the center of a circle that inspires and teaches
the world, how to "breathe in the light and blow out the darkness."
The Heroes Circle is now functioning in 90 facilities in 7
countries. Our goal is to lower the pain of one million children by
2025. Kids Kicking Cancer (KKC) is looking to hire a Chief
Development Officer to help build and lead our advancement and
fundraising efforts. The organization has just launched its first
major comprehensive campaign, with a goal of raising 35 million
dollars and this person will play a key role growing Kids Kicking
Cancer and the Heroes Circle to impact more than one million
children in the next five years. The Chief Development Officer will
work closely with KKC's founder to engage current and potential
donors in new ways. We are looking for a dynamic leader who has had
experience closing major gifts, managing fundraising campaigns and
building a development department. This person should have a depth
of knowledge about the non-profit space and ideally has experience
and is passionate about working with organizations in the medical,
cancer, or global health care spaces. KKC is in a growth stage and
this person will hold the responsibility of helping strengthen and
grow the role and department including planning and implementing a
comprehensive fundraising program. Additionally, it is important
that this person can work well in a flexible, fast-paced
environment as we build out our digital marketing programs and work
to grow our program in new markets and verticals.
- Campaign Leadership - Lead and manage $35 million campaign,
working closely with organization's campaign consultants.
- Major Gifts - Implement a major gifts strategy by identifying,
cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors to achieve
fundraising goals. Work with CEO on cultivation and solicitation
strategies and manage a portfolio of major gift prospects.
- Donor and Relationship Management - Inspire new donors and grow
regional, national, and global donor relationships to advance the
organization's philanthropic mission.
- Stewardship - Create a strong donor stewardship program.
- Budget - Establish overall development department budget and
specific financial targets including taking responsibility for
- Fundraising Events - Build and manage calendar of annual
fundraising activities: leading planning of fundraising events,
annual giving, special appeals (online/direct mail), donor
recognition programs, and other fundraising activities as needed to
achieve budgeted goals.
- Volunteer Engagement - Work in partnership with the Board of
Directors, Development Committee, and other key volunteers to
maximize involvement and achieve set goals, including recruiting
- Communications - Work with Marketing Team to assist in creating
and implementing a strong plan for increasing KKC awareness on a
global level. Responsible for external communications and public
- Build internal team - Supervise and manage current Development
team which includes: Director of Philanthropic Services, and
Director of National Philanthropy (Grants), and a Grants/Research
- Ten years minimum of increasing experience and responsibility
in a development or advancement department
- Experience should include oversight, major gift solicitations
and campaigns, board, and leadership development, should have
experience closing six to seven figure gifts.
- Successful senior leadership experience with a nonprofit
organization achieving fundraising goals. Experience in the health
services, illness-based, or related industries a plus.
- Experience as a frontline fundraiser and high comfort level in
personally cultivating, soliciting, and securing major gifts.
- Proven track record in developing and sustaining strong
relationships with donors, the Board of Directors, and leadership
- Able to prioritize, ask for help when needed, and communicate
effectively when challenging situations arise.
- Excellent writing skills are required.
- Proven financial acumen including budget
development/management, financial benchmarking/tracking, and
reporting as required.
- Must possess strong technical capabilities: Microsoft 365 and
CRM systems. Salesforce experience preferred. To Apply, please
submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
with subject line Chief Development Officer - or apply below.
Fields marked with an * are required Personal Information First
Name * Last Name * Email * Phone * Address * City * US State *
Attach Resume * Job Applying to: *
- General Application
- Director of Marketing
- Program Associate
- Chief Development Officer
- Video Editor Optional Additional Information: Site Footer Kids
Kicking Cancer's mission is to ease the pain of very sick children
while empowering them to heal physically, spiritually and
emotionally. 27600 Northwestern Highway, Suite 220
Southfield, MI 48034 - Phone (248) 864-8238
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceuticals International GmbH, Springfield , Chief Development Officer, Executive , Southfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!