General Manager Positon
Company: LEVERETT MA
Posted on: April 10, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: This site is undergoing software and server
upgrades and should be back to normal soon. We apologize for any
inconvenience. -MWW, 12/21 You are not logged in.
Forgot password / Verify - Sign--up--now! - The Village Cooperative
Coop started 30 years ago when North Leverett residents decided
they could purchase grocery items more cheaply by bringing the
community together and forming a cooperative. They had become
increasingly discouraged by the high food prices at nearby stores.
With financing from a local bank, hundreds of contributing member
owners and dozens of member lenders, the Coop renovated and
expanded the existing store. Community engagement remains an
integral part of the Coop operation and it continues to be a
valuable community asset. GENERAL DUTIES RESPONSIBILITIES The
General Manager GM is responsible for conducting the affairs of the
Coop in such a manner as to safeguard the interests of the members
in accordance with the bylaws and policies of the corporation as
well as local, state, and federal law. The GM is responsible for
Coop operations in all areas including but not limited to customer
community service, membership, staff oversight, health and safety
regulation matters, facility operations, marketing, sales and
financial accounting. The GM has the authority to hire, direct and
evaluate all other staff and works to ensure the Coop meets all
financial quality and operational goals set jointly with the board
of directors. Working closely with member owners, the board of
directors and store personnel, the General Manager will work toward
short and long term goals, monitor progress against these goals,
identify and execute needed improvements and lead innovation and
growth. The GM reports to the board of directors which is elected
by the Coop's member owners. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
by Management Area: Operations:
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the Co-op.
- Supervise scheduling of staff for maximum productivity.
- Promote teamwork among departments; ensure resolution of
any/all operational issues Personnel:
- Supervise all matters relating to personnel, in accordance with
personnel policies established by the Board. Ensure regular
communication with all staff via regular staff meetings and
individual contacts. Finance:
- Ensure that the store runs in a financially responsible
- Create and establish merchandising criteria, which support
maximum sales and good community relations. Marketing:
- Support existing marketing/fundraising efforts and ideally
grant writing. Member-Customer Services And Community Relations :
- Develop and maintain good working relationships in the
community. This description is intended to outline the primary
responsibilities, general nature and level of work being performed
by person assigned to this position. It is not intended to be an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and competencies.
Other duties may be assigned. OTHER / GENERAL DUTIES:
- Ensure that the store operates in compliance with all current
Board policies and assist the board with their development of such
- Attend all regular Board and general membership meetings to
give written monthly reports of Co-op activities.
- Provide staff support for Board committees and board sponsored
activities as requested. EVALUATION CRITERIA
- Experience managing a retail food store and/or healthy prepared
foods operations; or transferable experience.
- Personal and professional values that align with cooperative
- Strong work ethic and ability to organize time, manage diverse
activities, adapt to change, and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to define and achieve bottom-line accountability for a
- Proven ability to develop and implement a vision and strategic
- Proven ability in team building, including leading and
motivating others to achieve organizational goals.
- Experience in accounts payable and receivable, working and
long-term capital needs and resources.
- A sense of humor and a can-do attitude! Application: To apply,
please send an email to LVCoopboard@leverettnet.net with the
following attachments in MS Office Word or PDF format. Applications
will be accepted until July--15th.
- Three employment references with full contact information-
name, address, phone, email, title, relationship While the Coop
strongly prefers applications via email, if access to the internet
is an issue for any reason, please apply via postal mail to Board
President, Village Coop PO BOX 624, Leverett, MA 01054. The Village
Coop values excellence and diversity in hiring and is an equal
opportunity employer. This description is intended to outline the
primary responsibilities, general nature and level of work being
performed by person assigned to this position. It is not intended
to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
competencies. Other duties may be assigned.
Keywords: LEVERETT MA, Springfield , General Manager Positon, Executive , Leverett, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!