GENERAL MANAGER- Shari's of North Springfield
Company: Shari's Cafe & Pies
Posted on: April 10, 2021
GENERAL MANAGER- Shari's of North Springfield Springfield, OR
Management General Manager and Senior General Manager REPORTS TO:
Director of Operations Position Summary: The General Manager
contributes to the success of Shari's by managing the guest
experience, identifying and developing guest-centered team members,
monitoring the performance and discipline of team members,
maintaining company standards in the areas of cleanliness and
sanitation and completing the required administrative duties in a
timely manner. The General Manager is also responsible for the
financial performance of the restaurant. Essential Functions: To
perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential function satisfactorily. The duties and
responsibilities listed below are those that must be met to
successfully perform this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform an
essential function. Salary Exempt: The General Manager is a
salaried position. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Guest Experience: Verifies
that products and service delivered to the guest meets or exceed
expectations. Lead your team members to understand and demonstrate
the skills and commitment to Shari's Guest Experience standards and
practices. Review and act upon specific guest feedback for the
restaurant. Quality Food and Beverage:
- Assure that Shari's established systems for maintaining
restaurant readiness are functional, including but not limited to,
BOH checks, product quality, prep, ordering and inventory.
- Regularly expedite the pass bar to train, monitor and coach
team members to produce quality food as outlined by Shari's
specifications to include cooking, plating, prep, temperature
standards and ticket times. Is proficient at using Oasis to direct
production and service.
- Continually review and act upon guest feedback by developing
restaurant plans to improve guest satisfaction scores for food
quality and speed of service.
- Manage the process for rolling out new menu items and
promotions include training, implementation and follow up. Service:
- Assure that Shari's established systems for shift operations
are functional, including but not limited to FOH log, station
assignments, breaks, sidework and shift communication that focuses
team members on providing guest service.
- Provide a managing presence on the floor, on the line, or at
the pass bar window during peak period when in the restaurant. Use
these touch-points to evaluate levels of service and coach team
members in providing guest satisfaction.
- Follow up and resolve all guest complaints. Pass along
compliments. Evaluate guest feedback plans to address guest
concerns regarding service.
- Continually evaluate team member's skills and develop plans for
ongoing training and development. Works diligently to build bench
strength. Proper Staffing/Quality and Quantity:
- Assure that the restaurant is properly staffed. Continually
conduct interviews to maintain and upgrade talent. Anticipate
staffing needs to allow for proper training time.
- Analyze labor and sales trend reports to accurately forecast
volume to properly allocate labor hours. Prepare schedules that are
operationally functional for guest service and react as volume
changes. Develop your assistants' skills in managing labor. Team
Management and Development: Train, develop and hold accountable a
team to effectively and profitably operate the restaurant. Manage a
work environment that is consistent with Shari's brand and
practices. Communicate expected levels of performance and recognize
accomplishment. Provide leadership that fosters loyalty and
commitment to guests, the team and the company. Team Development:
- Assure that all team members receive full and complete training
following Shari's established training programs. Identify, develop
and maintain an adequate number of qualified trainers. Proficient
in using PIE, Shari's Training University.
- Evaluate team member performance and provide development and
coaching as necessary. Prepare and present regular written reviews
for your team.
- Prepare weekly manager meeting, providing direction for
restaurant operations and delegate responsibility as needed.
- Motivate team by providing daily praise and coaching feedback
on team member performance. Maintain company recognition and reward
programs such as the 100 Club, anniversary, certification, guest
comments, company contests, company promotions and restaurant's
recognition programs. Human Resources Management and Compliance:
- Lead a team of 2-3 other managers and approximately 40 team
- Assure a safe and harassment free work environment, including
all government mandated compliance rules. Communicate company
policies and procedures as stated in Shari's handbook and hold team
members accountable for compliance. Assures that annual compliance
is completed. Make the Director of Operations aware of any
- Maintain the restaurant's turnover rate at or below company
- Write and present discipline and commendation documents as
warranted. Sanitation and Cleanliness: Develop and maintain
restaurant systems to ensure to ensure the safety of our product,
our guests and our team members.
- Assure that safety orientation and food safety training for new
team members is conducted. Maintain a functional Safety Program and
- Assure that sidework, deep cleaning and personal hygiene and
uniform standards are maintained
- Assure that the restaurant's equipment is in working order,
schedule and follow up on any needed repairs.
- Maintain cleanliness systems and levels to ensure that the
restaurant passes all state health inspections and internal quality
assurances audits Financial Management: Maximize the business
potential of the restaurant through community involvement,
implementing company marketing programs, consistently executing
company programs. Deliver financial results by managing food, labor
and other related costs while adhering to company policies,
procedures and operating practices. Communicate the required and
necessary information to the district manager to assure successful
operation of the restaurant. Profitability:
- Maintain an expert ability to use sales, labor, food management
and service data to improve restaurant operations and financial
- Maximize sales opportunities by knowing local market and
executing Shari's Service Steps and menu production.
- Responsible for achieving labor budgets by effectively using
Shari's scheduling program to properly forecast, schedule, increase
staff productivity and managing overtime and average wages.
Responsible for achieving food cost budgets by effectively using
inventory and ordering programs to decrease food cost and waste.
Responsible for achieving other controllable expense budget and
maintaining controllable profit to budget or better.
- Develop and execute plans to improve guest feedback scores in
the areas of guest satisfaction, speed of service and food quality.
- Properly execute shiftly, daily, weekly and period accounting
duties in a timely manner (shift balancing, banking, invoicing, and
time card adjustments). Teach management team to properly execute
- Properly execute restaurant systems (line checks, inventory,
Manager Log Books, and FOH Log Book). Communication:
- Hold regular manager meetings to share important information,
solicit feedback and provide development for your Assistant
Managers. Develop and execute effective team meetings to
communicate changes, improve productivity and team morale. Plan and
execute shift 1-minute meetings to communicate with team members
and prepare them for the shift.
- Ensure that Restaurant Support Center communications and policy
changes are effectively disseminated and implemented.
- Develop public speaking skills for use in leading meetings or
other training sessions. Write effectively using correct grammar
- Keep the District Manager informed about major concerns about
product, procedures or team members in a timely manner. Senior
General Manager Duties: The follow duties also apply to those
managers designated as Senior General Manager.
- Make weekly contact with managers who have an assistant in
Shari's Management training. Review trainee's progress in PIE
University and make regular contact with trainees.
- Collect trainee's weekly development report and forward to the
- Provide training support by participating in online class chats
and content evaluation. Function as the district's test restaurant:
- Receive new products for testing, involve crew in the testing
and selling process and provide requested feedback on the product's
performance. Maintain a crew that is knowledgeable and involved in
menu production and guest service. Test food standards
specification for new products and LTOs.
- Conduct guest surveys and forward feedback on to Research and
- Assist the DO with new menu, LTOs, procedures and new equipment
implementation within the district. Early adoption of new programs:
- Give input on new programs and procedures and assist in
- Attend training session to review new programs/procedures and
provide requested feedback. Personal Skills:
- Champion Change: Paves the way for needed changes and manages
- Seasoned Judgment: Takes all critical information into account
when making decisions; makes timely, tough decisions.
- Coach and Develop: Accurately assesses strengths and
development needs of team members; gives timely, specific feedback,
and helpful coaching; provides challenging assignments and
opportunities for development.
- Inspiring Trust: Earns the confidence and trust of others;
shows consistency between words, and actions; delivers on
commitments; produces high-quality work demonstrates high standards
of ethical conduct; protects confidential information; does not
omit controversial information or change information to suit
- Foster Open Communication: Creates an atmosphere in which
timely and high-quality information flows smoothly between self and
others; encourages the open expression of ideas and opinions.
- Attracting and Developing Talent: Attracts high caliber people;
accurately appraises the strengths and weaknesses of others;
provides constructive feedback; develops successors and talent
- Driving Executions: Monitors results; tackles problems directly
and with a sense of urgency.
- Shari's Professionalism: Consistently treats individual with
dignity and respect, recognizing the importance of cultural
differences. Embraces, communicates and demonstrates company values
and ethics. Maintains reasonable expectations of self and others
when balancing time and performance demands with personal and
professional needs. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Able to read, write and communicate English well.
- Possess basic math skills needed to calculate budgets, payroll,
balance till and complete banking duties.
- Able to drive and hold a valid state drivers license.
- Proven previous management or supervisory experience.
- Able to direct, motivate, discipline and interact with
- Possess reasoning abilities needed to project sales, evaluate
budgets and analyze profit statements.
- Able to obtain and maintain an alcohol service permit.
- Able to obtain lottery approval (Oregon) PHYSICAL STANDARDS:
The General Manger position requires the ability to work
approximately 50 hours a week, 10 hours daily. While performing the
duties of this position the team member is required to stand and
walk continuously for 8-10 hours. Team member will sit occasionally
each hour. Team member will continuously be performing hand and
wrist work including grasping. Team member will frequently bend and
twist. Team member will occasionally push and pull, do fine hand
manipulation, reach above the shoulder and kneel or squat. The
position seldom requires climb/stairs. Team member will
continuously lift or carry 0-10 pounds; frequently lift or carry
11-15 pounds and rarely lift 16-20 pounds. Team member will
occasionally use fine manipulation for keyboarding. Get Updates Are
you interested in hearing about new opportunities at Shari's
Restaurant in real time?--Enter your email address to be notified
automatically when new positions are posted.
Keywords: Shari's Cafe & Pies, Springfield , GENERAL MANAGER- Shari's of North Springfield, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!