Information Technology Manager
Company: KEPRO (The Keystone Peer Review Organization), Inc
Posted on: April 10, 2021
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, you will
find the contact information to request the appropriate
accommodation by visiting the following page: KEPRO is a rapidly
growing national quality improvement and care management
organization. We work to ensure that over 20 million people receive
the right care, at the right time, in the right setting.--KEPRO is
seeking resumes for a highly experienced professional. Summary
Description Responsible for oversight and maintenance of local IT
activities related to systems and processes including valid data
collection and processing, timely and accurate reporting, local IT
infrastructure, security and disaster recovery. Serves as direct
point of contact and SME for the State in matters related to
systems, file transfer, data QA and related technical matters.
- Provide oversight and technical knowledge for system
performance for Prior Authorization and related activities.
- Ensure integration between computer and telephony systems and
any state systems.
- Coordinate with the State and corporate ITS resources for any
file transfers required by the contract.
- Coordinate with Reporting Analyst, Call Center Manager and
clinical SME's to ensure reporting is accurate and timely.
- Supervise all program IT related functions and coordinate with
corporate functional resources as needed. The list of
accountabilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be
expanded to include other duties that management may deem necessary
from time to time. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
preferred. Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong command (subject matter expert [SME] level) of standard
desktop applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Outlook,
- Thorough understanding of desktop computers and peripherals as
well as Local Area and Wide Area networking and telephone
- Superior communication (both written and verbal)
- High commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Effectively teach both groups and individuals.
- Think clearly, creatively and logically.
- Independently seek solutions utilizing manuals and other
- Adapt to flexible work hours and be on-call.
- Effectively supervise and check the work of others.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Explain technical concepts to non-technical internal/external
- Maintain a positive attitude and contribute both as an
individual and a team member to achieve the goals of the
- Experience with Illinois Medicaid's claims-processing
requirements to the extent required to oversee all information
system aspects of the contract. Mental and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be
made as required by law in an attempt to enable an individual with
a disability to perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit for prolonged periods of time; key and/or control
objects; interact extensively with internal and external customers;
occasionally lift and/or move objects weighing up to 10 pounds; and
occasionally travel within the state. KEPRO offers challenging
careers, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement. For
consideration, please submit resume and cover letter with salary
requirements.--Only those candidates identified for an interview
will be contacted.--No Phone Calls Please. Visit our website at
www.KEPRO.com for more information on the KEPRO Family of
Companies. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability KEPRO is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
status as a protected veteran. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: KEPRO (The Keystone Peer Review Organization), Inc, Springfield , Information Technology Manager, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!