State Home Care Case Manager Intake Specialist
Company: Greater Springfield Senior Services, Inc. (GSSSI)
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Responsible for assessing the need and eligibility of
individuals who have directly applied for or have been referred by
a member of the community to State Home Care services.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Contacting referred applicants within 24 hours of initial referral
to conduct service eligibility screening.
- Schedule in home assessments with eligible applicants within
three days of initial referral date.
- Completing person centered needs assessments within five days
of initial referral which identify goals, as well as barriers to
living independently within the community.
- Assessing an elder's functional, health and income status to
determine eligibility and appropriateness for community long term
care services and supports, as well as other programs.
- Working with the elder, formal supports and other informal
caregivers to develop a service plan which addresses the elder's
- Initiating, authorizing, and monitoring service plans to
effectively assist elders to maintain independent living.
- Coordinating and communicating service plans and changes to
appropriate community agencies.
- Ensuring that clients have access to public benefits and other
community services.This position is designed specifically to focus
primarily on conducting intakes for eligible State Home Care
applicants. Individuals holding this position will have a reduced
standing caseload.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in social work, human services, nursing,
psychology, sociology or related field.
- Requires relevant experience up to and including three
Keywords: Greater Springfield Senior Services, Inc. (GSSSI), Springfield , State Home Care Case Manager Intake Specialist, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!