Director of School Business Services #739
Company: The Illinois Association of School Administrators
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Reporting to the Financial Officer, is responsible for the
management and direction of the overall functions and programs of
the department. Directs, monitors and evaluates the activities of
the department staff and contractors (as applicable) to ensure the
proper application of and adherence to agency policies, state and
federal guidelines and fiscal accountability. Responsible for the
supervision of the daily operation of the functions and programs of
the department, including developing individual staff goals,
ensuring timelines for the completion of work by department staff
are established and met. Promotes collaboration with other
departments as needed.-- DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees and directs the overall functions and programs of the
- Directs, monitors and evaluates the activities of department
staff to ensure the application and direction of agency policies,
state/federal guidelines and fiscal accountability.
- Assures program compliance for the School Construction Law and
Health Life Safety Code.
- Represents and speaks on behalf of the State Board of Education
to educational entities, state/federal legislative staff and
committees and the public at large concerning interpretation of the
School Code for school finances, school reorganization and health
life safety compliance.
- Serves as agency liaison with numerous educational
organizations by sharing information and promoting collaborative
ventures to improve program services with a focus on advancing the
fiscal capacity of school districts who are in need of consulting
- Develops and recommends systems, programs, procedures and
standards to ensure compliance with new or amendatory legislation
and/or to improve the effectiveness of program implementation.
- Develops and manages the department budget including projecting
expenditures and costs, monitoring conformance, authorizing
expenditures and prioritizing use of discretionary funds (e.g., for
reorganization feasibility studies, development of a facility
inventory database, etc.).
- Designs and implements the department's business plan,
activities and policies with all other agency departments in order
to meet the business, finance and educational needs of the
- Completes special projects, reports and activities upon the
request of the Financial Officer concerning the particular needs or
interests for finance, infrastructure, life safety information or
- Responds rapidly to inquiries for information, complaints or
crises regarding program administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications REQUIRED
- Master's Degree in Education, Business Administration,
Accounting or Finance, or, a Bachelor's Degree in one of the fields
identified plus two years of relevant professional experience.
(COPY OF TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION)
- Two years (in addition to education requirements) of work
experience in accounting, auditing, school finance, business
administration or educational administration.
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of school finance and reorganization
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement comprehensive
business management processes and procedures, including electronic
submission of data.
- Demonstrated ability to organize a comprehensive communications
and outreach effort for clientele.
- Demonstrated ability to bring strong planning, operations and
systems development into all areas of school financial management,
reorganization and health life safety.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative environment
with staff, colleagues and clientele groups. Salary/Benefits
DEPARTMENT: School Business Services ANTICIPATED STARTING SALARY
RANGE: $84,691 - $116,450 FULL SALARY RANGE: $84,691 - $148,209
OFFICE HOURS: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. How to Apply To
view full posting and apply electronically, please visit
Interested parties must submit the required application, cover
letter, resume, and transcripts (unofficial until recommended for
hire). The subject line should include the position number(s) you
are applying for. Job Title Director of School Business Services
#739 District Name IL State Board of Education Building Name Alzina
Address 100 North First Street
Springfield, IL 62777 Phone (217)782-2223 Fax (217)785-3972 IASA
Region Abe Lincoln County Sangamon Employment Type Full-time
permanent Job Category Agency/Association Grade Level Other
Keywords: The Illinois Association of School Administrators, Springfield , Director of School Business Services #739, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!