Business Development Director, Discovery
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Department: Business Development
Title: Business Development Director - Drug Discovery
Reporting to: Senior Director of Business Development
About BioDuro-Sundia Include a write-up about BioDuro-Sundia. This
can be picked from the existing job descriptions in our
This is a management level position responsible for administration
and territory management of a BioDuro-Sundia Discovery and CMC
Essential Job Functions
- Carry out regular outreach, cultivate relationships, manage
accounts, and secure opportunities for selling our drug discovery
stand alone and integrated services in Chemistry, Biology, DMPK
oncology and Pharmacology.
- Responsible for Revenue generation, development and management
of strategic partnerships.
- Execute business development initiatives that are consistent
with the companys overall strategy
- Respond to Requests for Proposals with urgency.
- Confidently negotiate and close discovery and development
- Interact with members of the management and operations team to
secure new business
- Maintain accurate and accessible tailored documentation i.e.
presentations / proposals / agreements/ updates
- Assist in the generation of Fee for Service Proposals / FTE
Contracts / Agreements, Client Service Agreements etc.
- Interact with members of the management team to ensure
proposals / contracts are consistent with execution plans.
- Update Business Development databases to include opportunities,
proposals issued, approved projects, BD activities, and other
- Present tailored presentations to existing and potential
- Ability to manage client expectations and meet both client and
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written,
oral, email, telephone, and presentation
- Conduct on-going market research and maintain a detailed
understanding of the potential client base across all service
- Integrate with colleagues in the sales team, contribute to the
work ethic, culture, and values.
- Be customers internal champion.
- Responsible for lead generation and appointment setting
- Represent BioDuro at industry events and tradeshows with
professional manner and polished appearance to gain new business
leads and contacts
- Assist in the creation of BioDuro marketing literature and
- Complete requested administrative reports on a timely
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge And Skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutics or a Life Science
discipline or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-7 years proven experience selling services,
developing pipeline of opportunities, and closing sales.
- Experience working with large pharmaceutical companies and
biotech startups throughout target identification, lead
optimization, and candidate selection cycle is a plus
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical industry including quality control
testing, development and manufacturing of drug products, FDA
regulations, and proposal / contract generation.
- Technical knowledge and Subject Matter expertise in Drug
- Handles and manages personal and interpersonal stress
- Has the discipline to stay focused and complete specific
- Interacts well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
SUPERVISION AND LEADERSHIP
Travel required. Home office. Visits to corporate office. Light
physical activity performing non-strenuous daily activities of a
- Use of all general office tools and equipment
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
Typical Weight less than 25 lbs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be
construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and skills required of personnel so classified. They are
representative in that the qualifications and physical demands must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. BioDuro provides reasonable accommodation in job
application procedures for qualified individuals with disabilities
and disabled veterans. If you need accommodation in connection with
the recruiting process due to a disability, you may use the
alternative methods by emailing email@example.com. If you are
selected to interview for a position, you may also request an
accommodation with our team directly.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Bioduro-sundia, Springfield , Business Development Director, Discovery, Executive , Agawam, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!