Director of Health Services
Company: Bay Path University
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Category:: Administrative / StaffDepartment:: 01-52-5250-Health
Services DeptLocations:: Longmeadow, MAPosted:: Nov 16,
2021Closes:: Open Until FilledType:: Part-Time Salaried
(Exempt)Position ID:: 139472About Bay Path University:When Bay Path
opened its doors to students in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to
provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to
meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From
the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial,
constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit
the student...to start them on the road of success. We still
do.Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in
higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth
of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have
many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to
leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we
do best. We know the work that needs to be done.Bay Path
University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was
named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle
of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College
Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and three satellite
locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord), Bay Path offers
undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and
professional certificates.We're committed to preparing our students
to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our
innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning
platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders
initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to
grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the
change.We invite you to visit our website at where you can learn
more about Bay Path University.Job Description:
- Position Code: DHSNP
- Job Type: Part-time
- Standard Hours: 25 hours/week
- Schedule (Standard Work Days): Mon-Thurs, 10am-4pm, with some
evenings and weekends
- Position Location: Longmeadow, MA CampusJob Summary:The Bay
Path University's Health and Wellness Center seeks a full-time
Nurse Practitioner & Director of Health Services to provide primary
care to Bay Path University students.The nurse practitioner will
provide high quality, evidence-based primary health care, including
women's health care, to Bay Path students. Excellent clinical and
interpersonal skills are required. In carrying out these duties,
the nurse practitioner will adhere to all policies and procedures,
government and professional standards, and establish appropriate
plans of treatment to promote, maintain and/or restore health. In
addition, the Director of Health Services is responsible to support
the promotion of health and wellness for the entire Bay Path
community. This position includes an administrative work load
component. The NP is also responsible for ongoing professional
- Providing the full spectrum of health care services to include
health promotion, disease prevention, health protection,
anticipatory guidance, counseling, and disease management.
- Assessing, diagnosing, and treating minor illnesses, and
managing chronic health problems.
- Assessing and evaluating vague or ill-defined symptoms in
- Developing a plan of care based on assessment, which includes
prescribing appropriate medications and treatments, providing
follow-up care, and evaluating effectiveness of care.
- Analyzing the multiple effects of pharmacologic agents,
including over-the-counter preparations.
- Diagnosing commonly occurring acute and chronic, multi-symptom
- Promoting self-care amongst the student population.
- Screen student health history forms and initiate appropriate
follow-up on indicated health problems.
- Schedule patient appointments under established department
- Develop and update policies for management of health crises, in
conjunction with the Dean of Students, including necessary staff
- Provide regular reporting on usage and other metrics to the
Dean of Students.
- Oversee all policies and processes related to student
- Perform clinical diagnostic tests according to OSHA
- Follow guidelines and protocols for the administration of
medicines and immunizations.
- Process all required medical paperwork for new students in
accordance with state law and higher education guidelines.
- Maintain inventory control of clinical/medical supplies and
technical equipment and order as needed.
- Assist students in processing insurance forms.
- Maintain compliance with Massachusetts Public Health
regulations governing reportable diseases, isolation and quarantine
requirements, and immunization laws.
- Staff summer events such as Advising Days and admissions
- Provide health services for on-campus summer programs and the
- Work in conjunction with the Business Office Manager and/or
designee on annual renewal and/or bidding process to secure student
health and sports accident insurance carrier and/or broker.
- On an annual basis, work with the Business Office Manager and
student insurance broker to ensure student health insurance is
compliant with all state and federal regulations and adequate for
the needs of our student population.
- Work with Business Office Manager and student health insurance
carrier or broker to resolve individual student health issues as
- Work with Athletic Director, Coaches, Trainers, students and
student sports injury insurance carrier or broker to assure all
club and intercollegiate sports injuries are handled promptly and
completely. This includes prompt reporting of claims, submission of
reimbursable student expenses and follow up, as necessary, until
claim is closed.
- Develop and lead preventative health programs for the Bay Path
- Provide consultation as necessary to Residence Directors and
Campus Security. Assist in developing early intervention skills to
refer students to appropriate resources after hours.
- Maintain factual financial records and submit annual budget
requests for review by required deadlines.
- Supervise health assistants and per diem RN's. Provide on the
job training and performance evaluations.
- Attend appropriate and required meetings and is responsible for
participating as a member of assigned committees as requested.
- Provide residence halls and various University offices with the
basic first aid supplies as needed.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned by the
- Office assistant(s)
- Per Diem RN(s)Requirements:MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate degree in nursing as an Advanced Practice Nurse
- Valid Massachusetts Nurse Practitioner license
- Massachusetts Prescriptive authority
- DEA license or DEA license eligible
- Certification as a family nurse practitioner, pediatric nurse
practitioner, or women's health practitioner.PREFERRED
- Experience in college health and/or adolescent medicine.
- Experience in medical management of eating disorders.OTHER
- Submit to and pass criminal offender records check (C.O.R.I.).
and sexual offender records check (S.O.R.I.)
- This position is considered essential personnel. In the event
of cancellation or delay of classes for any reason, essential
personnel staff may be required to report to work. All essential
personnel staff is responsible for reporting to work during and
beyond their standard workweek days/hours due to inclement weather,
emergency situations and special events as determined by the
University or its designee.
- Current CPR certified.
- Working knowledge of student insurance carrier
- Excellent critical thinking ability and appropriate experience
to function independently required.
- Calm, professional demeanor; skilled at multi-tasking; easily
adaptable to change.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply ethical principles, practices
and standards of care.
- Knowledge of healthcare procedures and health records
- Knowledge of legal codes of conduct.
- Experience identifying, developing, and assessment of health
- Excellent oral and written skills. Exceptional interpersonal
and human relations skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible and extended schedule including
weekends and evenings when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, equity, respect
and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships
with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and
experiences different from ones' own.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and
within FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
- All new employees must complete the FERPA, Anti-Harassment, and
any other required online trainings within 15 days of
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose and
goals and the role this position plays in achieving those
- Must adhere to University COVID-19 testing, symptom tracking
and all other COVID protocols established by the University,
including a mandatory COVID vaccination policy.Additional
Information:Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and InclusionBay Path
University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing
a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures equity, respect,
inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color,
national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and
gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We
are one University that opens our hearts and minds to
conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is
welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each
employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude
of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our
community.Application Instructions:Applicants for this position
should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the
contact information for four (4) professional, work related
references and any other relevant information pertaining to this
position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails
will not be accepted. Bay Path University is dedicated to building
a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching
and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages
applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented
backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is
committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and
staff. Bay Path University is a smoke and tobacco-free
community.All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory
background checking.In compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a
reasonable accommodation to apply for a position please email us at
or call 413-565-1168.
Keywords: Bay Path University, Springfield , Director of Health Services, Executive , Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!