Director of Publishing & Creative Development, PJ Library
Company: Harold Grinspoon Foundation
Posted on: May 15, 2022
/ About / Careers / Director of Publishing & Creative
Development, PJ Library Director of Publishing & Creative
Development, PJ Library The OpportunityHGF is seeking a Director of
Publishing & Creative Development to lead the team tasked with
running PJ Library's in-house publishing imprint as well as
enhancing PJ Library books with a constellation of high-quality
content in print, digital and audio formats.With more than 40 newly
created English-language titles in print and producing more than 70
translated editions annually, PJ Publishing is a rapidly expanding
and increasingly critical source of book content for PJ Library.PJ
Library's digital team shares content with an audience approaching
70,000 users across multiple platforms and produces two
storytelling podcasts. Non-book print resources and activities
arrive in nearly 200,000 homes, supporting families as they utilize
PJ Library books and content to explore Jewish traditions.The
Director of Publishing & Creative Development will lead the
development and implementation of a strategy to ensure alignment
across all platforms and foster a creative, responsive, and dynamic
team that is oriented towards innovation.Specific KPI's for this
- Double the annual output of PJ Publishing from 10 to 20
- Establish consistent content standards across all proprietary
- Set multi-year plan for in-envelope items
- Develop growth plan for audio content -The ideal candidate
thinks strategically, is an entrepreneurial leader and a supportive
manager who toggles easily between print and digital mediums, and
shares a love of Jewish stories and storytelling. The Director of
Publishing & Creative Development will be a thought partner and a
co-creator. They will bring a joyful and playful dedication to
enhancing children's literature and creating multi-generational
connections. A deep understanding of children's book publishing is
- Alongside the Director of Content, craft a clear strategy for
- Lead growing investments in this area, and continually innovate
to ensure that PJ Library is providing high-quality, beautiful,
accessible-yet-nuanced products that integrate well with the
overall program experience.
- Identify and pursue partnerships with external organizations in
support of this strategy.
- Manage the following teams and activity areas:
- PJ Publishing, including acquisition, editorial, translation,
art direction, design.
- Print Products, including non-book activities (ex., holiday
recipes, tzedakah boxes, aprons, etc.), holiday guides, and parent
book choice campaigns.
- Digital and Audio Content, including web, social media,
podcasts, and audio books.
- Work with the chairs of the PJ Library and PJ Our Way book
selection committees, to ensure that book creation projects are
informed by the committees' wisdom and identified needs. Facilitate
the publication of books in line with the PJ Library and PJ Our Way
- Collaborate closely with the Director of Author and Illustrator
Stewardship, ensuring that investments in author and illustrator
stewardship and in content creation are mutually enhancing.
- Maintain open and collaborative relationships with directors
and content leads across all PJ Library programs globally to ensure
that creative projects will serve as broad an audience as possible
in terms of content, language and delivery method. Work closely
with the Sifriyat Pijama team in Israel to facilitate content
exchange between programs.
- Strive for creative projects to support diversity, equity and
- Partner with the PJ Library engagement team to design content
in a way that supports building connections between families and
- Partner with the PJ Library marketing team to promote new
products and to leverage creative projects to promote family
participation in the program.
- Support fundraising efforts, when related to content creation.
This will likely include 1:1 meetings and contributing to grant
proposals and reports.
- Represent PJ Library externally, including media requests and
at professional gatherings. -Skills and/or Experience Required
- A commitment to PJ Library's goals
- Deep knowledge in the areas of Jewish tradition, text, and the
breadth of Jewish practice
- Extensive experience with children's book publishing
- Advanced editorial and art direction skills
- Dexterity working on digital and/or audio products
- Experience in managing a team, including remote staff
- Success in managing vendor relationships
- Skill in strategic planning and strategy implementation
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work collaboratively and foster teamwork
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial
- A history identifying and leveraging data to inform
- Preferred to have the following:
- Familiarity with global Jewish communities, inclusive of
IsraelTo ApplyEmail a letter of interest addressing your interest
in and qualifications for this role as well as your resume to Wendy
Wilsker at email@example.com . All inquiries will be held in
The Harold Grinspoon Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants are invited to apply.
- 67 Hunt Street
Agawam, MA 01001 Established in 1991, the Harold Grinspoon
Foundation is a philanthropic organization deeply committed to
charitable giving, primarily in the Jewish world.
Keywords: Harold Grinspoon Foundation, Springfield , Director of Publishing & Creative Development, PJ Library, Executive , Agawam, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!