Hospice RN Case Manager - 5k Sign on Bonus
Company: Overlook Community and VNA/Hospice
Location: West Springfield
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionWe believe in empowering individuals to realize
their potential where they live and work"$5k Sign on bonus!!*based
on a 40 hour p/wk schedule, prorated for less hoursWhen you choose
The Overlook Visiting Nurses Association, you join a team of
passionate professionals who care deeply about working in
healthcare and serving those in their community. The OVNA is a
non-profit organization that puts their patients, community, and
team members first.Our Team of professionals is focused on building
and fostering a great working environment!! While we may work
autonomously much of the time, teamwork is the reason for our great
outcomes, happy staff members and customers!POSITION SUMMARY:This
is a Hospice RN Case Manager position in the Charlton AreaThe
Hospice RN Case Manager is responsible for the provision of all
patient care services assigned to them and develops the plan of
care in accordance with the attending physician and the
Interdisciplinary Team. The Hospice RN Case Manager Coordinates
patient care from admission to discharge.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES of Hospice RN Case ManagerThe following duties are
normal for this position. This list is not to be construed as
exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may be required and
- Responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and
evaluation of care of Hospice patients/families.
- Obtains data on the physical, psychosocial, spiritual and other
factors that may influence the patient/family health status and
incorporates the data into the plan of care.
- Communicates with physicians, members of the Hospice
Interdisciplinary team and other agencies to coordinate optimal
care and resources for the patient/family.
- Maintains regular communications with the Hospice leadership to
- Attends the Interdisciplinary Team meeting and other patient
conferences as deemed necessary.
- Functions as a liaison between all disciplines providing
- Maintains the patient medical record and other documentation in
accordance with agency standards. Records problems, plans, actions
and goals accurately and concisely in the patient record so that
changes are reflected as they occur.
- Receives phone calls from patients, their families, physicians,
health and other service providers, medical suppliers, payors and
hospice employee members for purposes of facilitating timely and
appropriate provision of patient services and maintenance of
communication/exchange of information.
- Coordinates patient care by all service disciplines in all
- Conducts joint field visits with hospice employees, as
appropriate or requested.
- Conducts Hospice Home Health Aide supervisions.
- Assists with orientation of new hospice employees.
- Assists in planning and coordination of in-services for hospice
- Shares on-call responsibility.
- Participates in quality management and safety activities.
- Performs duties according to the standards of nursing
- Adheres to policies and procedures set forth by the
- Performs other duties as requiredQualifications:• Candidate
must be a Registered Nurse (RN) in Massachusetts.• Minimum of one
year of nursing experience in a hospice or related setting,
medical-surgical or home care preferred.• Current CPR certification
required.• Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle is required.
Why Choose The Overlook Visiting Nurses Association*This position
is a Homecare position*
- The Overlook offers a great working environment and each
employee's contribution is valued as an important member of our
- Our Innovative Outcome Based Operational model rated # 1 in
Central MA and among the Top 5 in the State in Quality of Care,
Clinical Outcomes and Customer Satisfaction.
- Our tailor made Plans of Care are aimed to address patient
specific clinical needs without restricting amount of services
- We partner with referral sources to support their operation and
help them to overcome their challenges.
- We offer excellent employee benefits including medical, dental,
vision, and life insurance, a 401(k) retirement plan, tuition
reimbursement and paid time off for all employees hired for 24
hours or more - most starting Day One of your employment.We are an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability, genetics and will not be discriminated against
on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected
by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We
encourage all applicants of all ages.IND2Powered by
Keywords: Overlook Community and VNA/Hospice, Springfield , Hospice RN Case Manager - 5k Sign on Bonus, Executive , West Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!