Chef Manager II
Company: Brock & Company Inc.
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Chef Manager II - Summer CampFLSA Status: SalariedCOVID vaccination
requiredWage: $1000.00 per weekPOSITION BASED IN BECKET, MAGreat
Summer Job located in the Beautiful Berkshires!10 - 12 weeksBrock &
Company, Inc. is the premier provider of contract food management
to private and independent schools and corporations throughout the
Mid-Atlantic and New England regions. We aim to deliver outstanding
quality food services exceeding our clients' expectations every
day. With an extensive array of clients, Brock has a formula for
success that is simple. We focus on top quality products combined
with people who have a passion for food and service. Brock provides
a family-owned, corporate supported, financially sound organization
that is committed to our clients and associates and is always
striving for excellence.As a member of the Brock team, you will
experience a work schedule that allows for a quality of life. Our
food programs are dynamic, the menus cutting edge and creative. We
welcome your input to implement, solve problems, and help drive
these programs to success. You can influence the outcome, and we
will give you the tools to be successful. Our programs have made
significant improvements in the daily work lives of our customers
and clients by providing healthy, nutritious menus at all meals.The
Chef Manager will be the lead culinary person who is responsible
for overseeing culinary operations for any Brock site. As such, the
following represents the qualities and expectations necessary for
success as a qualified Chef Manager. This position is accountable
for menu development, purchasing, receiving, food production,
customer service, catering planning and execution, marketing and
- Directly prepare food and supervise employees in the
preparation and service of food.
- Provide leadership, training and oversite for all unit
activities to meet organizational and client objectives.
- Train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/coordinate all
related culinary activities to include food safety standards and
- Weekly purchasing, monthly inventory management and accurate
- Establish presentation techniques and quality standards, plan
and price menus
- Ensure proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensures
proper safety and sanitation in kitchen
- Oversee special catering events and may also offer culinary
instruction and/or demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Administrative duties to include maintaining budgeted food cost
and labor cost, ordering and weekly and monthly
- Ideal candidates will possess a culinary degree or
certification, and/or three to five years in a related position
with comparable experience.
- Possess required culinary expertise to execute the forecasting,
preparation and safe storage of all regular and catering menu
- Requires knowledge of the principles and practices within the
food profession to include food safety, budget management and
employee training and development.
- Requires time management, ability to multi-task and problem
solve, strong oral, reading and written communication skills.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Adhere to client and company protocols related to COVID-19
workplace safety and sanitation standards.
- Lifting and moving of food, food containers and other non-food
items from floor position to no higher than one's own height.
- ServSafe Certification requiredEqual Opportunity Employer -
M/F/D/V Background Check RequiredBenefits Eligible Uniforms and
Keywords: Brock & Company Inc., Springfield , Chef Manager II, Executive , Becket, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!