Technical Program Manager
Company: O'Reilly Automotive, Inc.
Posted on: August 4, 2022
- Location: Corporate Headquarters - Springfield, MO or
- Status: Full-Time
- Compensation Range: $90,000.00 - $135,000.00 annually, pay will
be based upon applicable experience, training and skills
- Bonus: This job is eligible for an annual cash bonus based on
individual goal achievement.The Program Management Office drives
cross-departmental strategic programs for O'Reilly Auto Parts. We
are a collaborative team of forward-thinking individuals who
partner with business and IT leaders to tackle business challenges
by delivering value-based outcomes that achieve the company's
strategic initiatives. Program managers manage a portfolio of
programs and projects that are directly tied to enterprise
strategic objectives. This key role manages -enterprise -programs
from conception through implementation with a balance of
-governance -and execution, working at strategic and tactical
levels. The program manager contributes to the company's success by
planning, executing and managing large to extra-large programs that
have an IT component with lifecycles that span multiple years. They
lead with a high degree of influence, accountability, and autonomy,
while focusing on delivering results that drive business
success.Essential Job Functions:
- Elicit, accurately characterize, and document program goals,
scope, success measures, effort, resources, timelines, stakeholders
- Identify and utilize the appropriate tools and techniques to
manage programs and projects with varied characteristics, focusing
on results over processes.
- Move programs and projects successfully through project
lifecycle(s) and solution development lifecycle(s) to achieve phase
gate checkpoints without unnecessary overhead.
- Identify and track all necessary projects and activities
required to achieve the desired program outcomes and deliver
- Identify key milestones and dependencies and manage programs
and projects to delivery in scope, on-schedule and on-budget.
- Foster a shared understanding among the project team and
encourage transparency about project status, risk and issues.
- Identify risks; recommend and introduce changes, activities,
and solutions to mitigate or reduce risk.
- Partner with IT and functional leadership to recover from
impacts and accommodate changing business needs.
- Frame up decisions in a way that enables management and
leadership to clearly understand decision time-points,
recommendations, and options.
- Create and maintain program charters, plans, and budgets.
- Create communication plans and deliver program status updates.
Skills and QualificationsRequired:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ Years IT project and program management experience.
- Experience managing a collection of interdependent projects as
a program, delivering desired outcome(s).
- Proven experience with project management tools, techniques and
- Experience with delivering projects and programs using
different SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile).
- Superior ability to think and plan, both strategically and
- Superior interpersonal, collaboration, negotiation, escalation,
and influencing skills.
- Superior ability to organize and lead despite ambiguity.
- Superior ability to solve problems with flexibility, agility
- Courage, sound judgement, trustworthiness, and candor.
- Strong ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency and a focus on
- Ability to communicate clearly, efficiently, and effectively
with management and leadership and with project teams.
- Ability to lead by teaching and educating.
- Willingness to travel minimum once a quarter to the corporate
office in Springfield, MIssouri.
- PMP or PgMP Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Experience working in a remote, virtual or work-from-home
environment. About Us: -
- O'Reilly Auto Parts IT department provides services to our
corporate office, 5,700+ stores, 28 distribution centers and 80,000
+ team members.
- We have over 800 IT team members supporting 250+ small, medium
and large web and software applications in addition to third party
- We provide a collaborative environment and encourage knowledge
- We respect a healthy work-life balance and offer remote,
virtual or work-from-home opportunities.
- Our teams keep open communication through video conferencing,
team messaging and daily stand-ups.
- Our leadership values collaboration and encourages team members
to bring creative problem-solving ideas from both a technical and
- We have several career paths, whether you want to be an
individual contributor, manager, project manager, or stay technical
- there's a documented growth plan to help you follow the path you
- We want to grow our people - we help to make you better by
providing training for both technical and professional
development.Remote, USA - Can be remote, virtual or work-from-home
anywhere in the United States.Additional Locations: Springfield,
MO, St. Louis, MO, Kansas City, MO, Bentonville, AR, Little Rock,
AR, Chicago, IL, Oklahoma City, OK, Omaha, NE, Austin, TX, Dallas,
TX, Atlanta, GA, Huntsville, AL, Charlotte, NC, Raleigh, NC,
Seattle, WA, Washington, D.C., Lansing, MI, Baltimore, MD,
Durham-Chapel Hill, NC, Trenton, NJ, Boulder, CO, Colorado Springs,
CO, Des Moines, IA, Hartford, CT, Tallahassee, FL
Keywords: O'Reilly Automotive, Inc., Springfield , Technical Program Manager, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!