Director of Behavioral Crisis Center
Company: Burrell Behavioral Health
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Looking to feed your desire to give to your community and
support those who need a helping hand? Look no further! - Not only
is Burrell growing the amount of its resources, services, and
facilities to assist as many communities as possible, it also
provides plenty of opportunity for growth in your current field and
the freedom to explore others. - Our culture and our environment
are unlike any other. - We offer highly-competitive pay and a full
range of top-notch full-time employee benefits such as:
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance ProgramJob Description:DIRECTOR OF
BEHAVIORAL CRISIS CENTERSpringfield, MissouriJob Overview:This
administrative level position provides clinical guidance, subject
matter expertise, regular monitoring and direction to clinical and
programmatic staff members, in a 24/7 365 Behavioral Crisis Center.
- For more information on the Burrell BCC, please click here: JOB
SUMMARY:The Director of Behavioral Health Crisis Center provides
administrative and clinical supervision of the Behavioral Health
Crisis Center (BHCC). This position will be responsible for the
development, oversight and supervision of a Crisis Stabilization
Unit. Responsibilities include oversight of annual budget, quality
standards and outcomes, policies and procedures and governing
regulations with a goal of providing quality behavioral health care
to clients and community members accessing crisis services as well
ensuring community stakeholders needs are met.JOB DUTIES:
- Oversee functions of Burrell Behavioral Crisis Center
- Directly supervise certain staff members of the BCC as well as
indirectly supervise staff of other departments during the course
of multidisciplinary work within the BCC by reporting to the
various Vice Presidents of their respective departments.
- Assist with crisis intervention at the BCC as well as other
Burrell facilities as appropriate.
- Facilitate admissions to the BCC and transfers back to police
custody, medical facilities, etc.
- Serve as liaison between Burrell and community stakeholders;
including, but not limited to, police, medical partners, and agents
of public safety.
- Provide face-to-face crisis intervention, de-escalation
techniques, and brief behavioral intervention and document the
contacts on appropriate forms and client records.
- Provide or facilitate staff training on de-escalation.
- Facilitate staff debriefing after significant crisis situations
at the BCC and other Burrell facilities as appropriate.
- Oversee staff scheduling of the 24-7 BCC either directly and/or
through consistent communication with the staff's administrative
- Ensure the BCC and associated programs meet licensure
- Assist in coordination and oversight of operational/financial
considerations of the BCC; such as clinical pathways, supply
ordering, and budgetary items.
- Assist in coordination and oversight of Key Performance
Indicators for the BCC; including regular review of performance
reports, engagement in scheduled evaluative meetings, and
communication of changes in departmental performance.
- Participates in emergency behavioral health services in order
to provide rapid aid in cases of psychological crisis as well as
engages with clients in brief intervention to deescalate emotional
and behavioral crisis, improve client wellbeing, and negotiate
- Coordinates a multidisciplinary team to provide appropriate,
comprehensive services to clients in behavioral crisis
- Acts as a liaison to community stakeholders; including, but not
limited to, police, medical partners, and agents of public
- Participates in, and contributes to, the various staff
development activities of Burrell.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's Degree or higher in Human Services Related fieldWhat
we offer:Great pay, great schedule, great benefits, and an amazing
culture of inclusiveness and positivity. -Burrell's dedication to
promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly
reflected in all of our content and across all of our agency.
-Diversity is more than a commitment at Burrell-it is the
foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and
believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation,
religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating
characteristics that make us different.HP123
- DIRECTOR OF BEHAVIORAL CRISIS CENTERWe are an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourage applications from
all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status,
or to other non-work related factors.Burrell is a Smoke and Tobacco
Keywords: Burrell Behavioral Health, Springfield , Director of Behavioral Crisis Center, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!