Senior Director Human Resources
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Description PeaceHealth is seeking a Senior Director Human
Resources for a Full Time, Day position. Must be fully vaccinated
for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a
1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final dose prior to start
date. The Senior Director of Human Resources serves as the HR
executive on the Oregon Network executive team and provides
strategic counsel, decision making, overall labor direction, and
executive support. The role contributes to system-wide initiatives
while providing leadership guidance to ensure alignment with
overall system goals and strategy. In this role you will have
significant responsibility for the overall HR strategy, employee
relations, employee experience and labor relationships in the
Oregon network. You will manage the development and planning issues
within scope of direction to ensure quality services and regulatory
compliance for areas of responsibility. In this role you are
responsible for the development and operations of business plans
and strategies across the Oregon network. The Sr. Director of HR
for the Oregon Network has oversight over HR operations for our
four Oregon based hospitals; PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical
Center at RiverBend, PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center
University District, PeaceHealth Cottage Grove Community Medical
Center, and PeaceHealth Peace Harbor Medical Center. These
hospitals are a mix of both Acute Care and Critical access
hospitals with a combined total of 490 beds with more than 5000
caregivers. Currently there are 5 HR Partners and 1 HR Generalist
reporting into this role. The role partners with the System
Director of Labor in the management and labor strategy with 3 union
organizations covering 5 union contracts. Eugene-Springfield is the
second-largest metropolitan area in Oregon. Located in the Southern
Willamette Valley, Springfield is within the Eugene-Springfield
Metropolitan area. PeaceHealth Sacred Heart, University District
was the largest hospital in the area until PeaceHealth Sacred Heart
at RiverBend opened in 2008, with most general services moving to
the larger hospital. With the addition of three pediatric surgeons,
since 2013, PeaceHealth Sacred Heart at RiverBend is now the only
hospital outside of the Portland area to offer pediatric surgery.
- Develops, implements, and manages HR programs and initiatives
in support and alignment with organizational goals and
- Manages and resolves complex employee and labor relations
issues. Participates in negotiations for local collective
- Leads and directs HR partnership model within assigned areas of
responsibility. Utilizes consulting skills and change management
techniques to elevate leadership competency.
- Selects, develops, evaluates and leads a team of human resource
professionals with a goal of earning a high level of credibility as
an effective and responsive internal consulting group.
- Implements human resource solutions to human capital problems.
Identifies solutions and designing strategy consistent with overall
system vision, strategy and standards.
- Collaborates for appropriate outcomes with leadership, Centers
of Expertise (COE) and the HR Service Center (HRSC) which balance
caregiver needs, policies, procedures and compliance with
regulatory standards and PeaceHealth's mission and values.
Translates buy-in into tactical operational/resource support from
- Facilitates and supports organizational change within the
assigned areas of responsibility. Coordinates change-related
culture and caregiver activities across all service lines within
the areas of responsibility.
- Ensures all human resource functions are aligned to meet and
support the needs of leaders and caregivers in the assigned areas
of responsibility. Provides feedback and input to COEs, reporting
performance and needs of team members and caregivers. Insures
connections across all areas of HR for planning and alignment
within the operating unit.
- Develops plans to improve caregiver and provider experience
including review of data and best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources,
or related field required.
- Master's degree or a combination of education and professional
experience that provides the caregiver with the requisite
knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the job
- Minimum of 7 years of human resources leadership experience,
preferably in the healthcare industry, required.
- Experience working in a shared services environment and working
knowledge of organizational development and change
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred. OTHER SKILLS:
- Ability to deliver financial results for areas of
- Expertise in organizational development/design and change
- Expertise in employee & labor relations including negotiation
- Understanding of systems of care and healthcare
- Mediation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
and the ability to cultivate relationships, rapport, credibility
and partnerships across all levels of the organization.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to interact with all
levels of leadership across the PeaceHealth continuum.
- Ability to navigate and negotiate objectives and deliverables
with a wide range of program constituents and stakeholders.
- Solid knowledge of regulatory compliance, federal and state
laws with a working knowledge of multiple human resource
- Ability to identify, utilize and interpret workforce-related
- Advanced skills in MS Office applications (Word, Excel,
- Proficient in the use of a major HRIS solution preferred. See
how PeaceHealth is committed to.For full consideration of your
skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your
application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in
accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Springfield , Senior Director Human Resources, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!