Project Manager - Springfield, MA
Company: S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd.
Location: Indian Orchard
Posted on: September 23, 2022
S&B is a full-service Engineering, Procurement, Construction
and Fabrication company that has been privately owned and operated
for more than 50 years. S&B projects span multiple industries
including Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Energy Transition,
Power and Pulp & Paper. We have a strong reputation for completing
projects safely, on time and under budget and our company culture
is second to none. We offer a competitive compensation package,
excellent benefits and flexible work schedules. The position will
be based at our client site located in Indian Orchard,
MA.Generally, this position carries the functional title of Project
Manager. Has management oversight responsibility for project
execution efforts associated with Engineering, Design, and
Procurement of multiple small projects or single mid-size capital
projects. May be assigned as Engineering Manager on an EPC project.
Is expected to be the single contact for one or more clients. Must
be fully competent in the use of the S&B Project Management
Manual and be able to perform the duties as described in PM-111,
"Project Engineer/Manager Responsibilities." Accountable to ensure
that project team members understand and adhere to all operational
and business unit requirements while executing assigned projects.
Works with and advises project staff on the requirements and
expectations of corporate Engineering Operations, Construction
Operations, and Business Units relative to project execution.
Provides critical operational feedback to Engineering Operations in
the event of a misalignment of expectations and capabilities. Works
to understand and remove barriers to successful execution of
project work. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThe Project Manager is
responsible for the overall safety, quality, and timeliness of the
work of all engineering personnel assigned to the project including
the coordination of the discipline leads, Project Engineers and
Project Leads. This role is also responsible for the personnel in
engineering support groups performing procurement functions and
tracking cost, progress, and schedule.EDUCATION
- Normally requires a 4-year degree in Engineering. Equivalent
work experience may substitute with Management approval.
- Registration as a licensed professional engineer is
preferred.QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCERequires a minimum of 12
years total experience with 8 years as a Project Lead/Engineer.
Equivalent working knowledge and experience may substitute for work
in a discipline. Must have working knowledge of the various
software packages and automated engineering and reporting systems
used at S&B.TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as primary interface with clients and must be responsive
each clients needs.
- Develops close relationships with his clients through listening
sessions and corporate reviews to achieve alignment and to
confirm/establish goals and objectives.
- Must be familiar with S&B's lessons learned database and be
able to apply appropriate lessons to his client's projects.
- Establishes open and effective communications with client's
- Works with client in approval process for all drawings,
- Ensures a well-defined overall project scope
- Establishes required project organization and works with
department heads managers on staffing.
- Oversees development of cost estimate for engineering,
procurement, and construction for small and mid-size capital
- Conducts project kick-off meeting with members of the team
- Ensures that Project Leads/Engineers are preparing for
corporate review meetings in alignment with both company and client
- Conducts regular corporate review meetings both internally and
- Accountable to ensure that work is being performed effectively
relative to safety, quality, cost, schedule, and overall client
- Reviews and takes corrective action based on the Project
Quality Evaluation Report.
- Drives utilization of and participates in Root-cause
Investigations (RCI) regarding incidents in safety, quality, cost
overages, and schedule overruns.
- Initiates project planning efforts and develops execution
- Ensures project teams are operating in alignment with the
S&B Project Instruction Manual.
- Assures implementation of Total Quality Management.
- Initiates Quantity Based Trending
- Has responsibility for the EPC capital budget
- Assists Procurement on matters of warranty, taxes, etc.
- Approves all invoices for payment
- Develops subcontract strategy
- Oversees implementation of the project safety plan
- Participates in proposals and sales presentations
- Initiates project close-out
- Participates in proposal presentations and business development
- Participates in project design and construction reviews for
assigned projects and alliances.
- During Proposal Development, ensures Scope of Work and level of
effort required is consistent with estimated work hours and
- Interfaces with Project Leads / Engineers and Discipline Leads
to determine specific staffing needs.
- Ensures that the appropriate level of Project Controls is
utilized on projects in alignment with company requirements.
- Assigns Project Lead / Engineer to assist in Proposal
development and RFP management for small projects and alliance
- Provides mentoring and career development of Project Lead /
Engineering staff.LANGUAGE SKILLSAbility to read, analyze, and
interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial
reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common
inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or
members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and
articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and
format. Ability to effectively present information to top
management, public groups, and/or board of directors. Job success
often hinges upon interpersonal communication and relationship
development skills, and job tasks require frequent interchange and
successful completion depends in large part upon effective
interaction and communication with others.MATHEMATICAL
SKILLSAbility to work with mathematical concepts such as
probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane
and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such
as cost and schedule risk analysis and estimating
techniques.PHYSICAL DEMANDSOccasionally, will conduct or
participate in field trips to existing plants. This requires the
ability to stand, walk, reach, climb and balance. Lifting of 25
pounds may be required. It also requires clear close and distance
vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.WORK
ENVIRONMENTNormal work environment will be a business office with
moderate noise. Occasionally, will conduct or participate in
construction meetings at job sites in operating plants. This may
require exposure to outdoor weather conditions, loud noise, work
near moving mechanical parts, vibration, fumes, toxic or caustic
chemicals and airborne particles.Posting Title/Job Location:
Project Manager - Springfield, MA ID: 10244 External Company Name:
S & B Engineers and Constructors External Company URL:
Keywords: S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd., Springfield , Project Manager - Springfield, MA, Executive , Indian Orchard, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!