Assistant/Associate Director of External Partnerships and Career Engagement
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Assistant/Associate Director will work to enhance the
professional development, career advancement, vocational
exploration, life design, experiential learning, and mentoring
opportunities for students through partnership with employers,
Wittenberg alumni, and other partners. Additionally, this role will
manage and support experiential learning opportunities (e.g., CABLE
program, internships, and others). This role will also support the
career, vocation, job, and internship counseling of students. This
is a full-time, exempt-level position reporting to the Executive
Director of Career Engagement & Professional Development. Essential
functions include but are not limited to:
- Manage and support experiential learning opportunities (e.g.,
CABLE program- an experiential professional development course,
similar programs, internships).
- Engage alumni and partners in order to create experiential
learning opportunities for student participants in experiential
- Foster experiential learning program growth and assessment, and
build relationships to sustain programs.
- Develop new experiential learning opportunities.
- Partner with the Office of Advancement to establish avenues for
alumni and friends of the university to connect with students in
ways that allow for student vocation and career exploration,
mentorship, professional development, and internship and job
- Manage employer relations and external partnerships. Create,
maintain, and sustain internship and job partnerships for
- Collaborate with appropriate internal and external partners to
develop local, regional, and national opportunities.
- Establish new employer and partner contacts and strengthen
current employer and partner contacts through outreach activities
such as cold calls, mass mailings, individual employer visits, and
participation in partnership activities.
- Schedule and conduct employer visits to determine hiring needs
and promote the college's students and alumni as a potential
- Maintain, update, and expand electronic employer database and
- Act as a liaison between employers and external partners with
- Advise students on resumes, cover letters, mock interviews,
overall career guidance, job and internship searches, and
experiential learning opportunities. Coordinate and execute
relevant workshops or other engagement experiences for these
- Evaluate and manage the process for credit-bearing internships
and capturing data on non-credit bearing internships.
- Assist with the planning and execution of career and vocational
development opportunities, including career hiring events, employer
engagement, and assessment.
- Participate in appropriate staff development opportunities;
serve on campus, community, and professional association
committees; appropriately keep supervisors abreast of matters
sensitive in nature; and other responsibilities as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree with 1-3 years relevant and substantive
experience is required.
- A master's degree in business, student affairs/higher
education, or similar field with 1-3 years relevant experience is
- Experience working with Handshake and/or Salesforce platforms
is a plus.
- Excellent customer service, time management, and communication
- Ability to work with a variety of constituents, solve problems
quickly and professionally, anticipate needs, and communicate
- Candidates should be committed to student success and have a
commitment to and understanding of a liberal arts education and
diversity at a church-related college.
- Competency andexperience using Microsoft Office software,
specifically proficient in the use of Excel, Publisher, Outlook,
and PowerPoint with the ability and desire to learn additional
software applications as necessary.
- Night and weekend work will be required depending on campus
events and needs.
- Frequently utilizescomputer for extended periods (up to 50% of
Keywords: NACEWeb, Springfield , Assistant/Associate Director of External Partnerships and Career Engagement, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!