Director of Food Services
Company: Trilogy Health Services
Posted on: March 14, 2023
JOIN TEAM TRILOGY
Directs the overall operation of the Dining Services Department in
accordance with current federal, state, and local standards,
guidelines and regulations. - Ensures that quality nutritional
services are provided on a daily basis and that the dining services
department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize, evaluates, and directs the Dining Services
Department. Implements the programs and activities of the
- Coordinates dining services and activities with other related
departments (Clinical, Marketing, Life Enrichment, etc.).
- Provides material safety data sheets (MSDS) for hazardous
chemicals used or stored in the dining services department to
Environmental Services Director for inclusion in campus
- Completes staff schedule for optimal daily functions according
to company policy.
- Implements regional changes to menus based upon resident input
obtained from weekly Chef Circle meetings.
- Processes diet changes and new diets as received from Clinical
- Ensures that a daily preparation plan is reviewed with the
preparation staff each day, at least one day in advance.
- Supervises and participates in food preparation for
- Plans and provides catering services within the health campus
- Assists in planning the dietary/dining services portion of the
resident's discharge plan.
- Interviews residents or family members within twenty-four (24)
to seventy-two (72) hours upon admission and completes online
- Assists in developing methods for determining quality and
quantity of food served.
- Completes dining room rounding daily visiting residents to
evaluate the quality of meals served, likes and dislikes,
- Provides appropriate evening snack to clinical team for
delivery in the evening to all residents.
- Ensures that the dining areas are properly set and
- Meets with dining services personnel, on a regularly scheduled
basis, solicits advice from inter-department supervisors concerning
the operation of the Dining Services Department. Assists in
identifying and correcting problem areas, and/or the methods of
improvement of services.
- Ensures proper training for all new employees to coincide with
the Culinary Apprenticeship Program.
- Reviews and checks competency of dining services personnel and
makes necessary adjustments/corrections as required, or that may
- Maintains a productive working relationship with other
department supervisors and coordinates dining services to assure
that daily services can be performed without interruption.
- Makes periodic rounds to check equipment and to assure that
necessary equipment is available and working properly.
- Checks supply rooms and custodial closets to assure that needed
supplies are on hand to perform assigned cleaning tasks.
- Ensures that stock levels of staple/non-staple food, supplies,
equipment, etc., are maintained at adequate levels at all
- Purchases food services supplies, equipment, etc., as
- Implements procedures for the safe operation of all dining
- Ensures that only trained and authorized personnel operate the
department's equipment, and that the equipment is operated in a
- Ensures that containers of hazardous chemicals used in the
department are properly labeled and stored.
- Ensures that the care plan identifies any special equipment and
utensils the resident may need (e.g., plate guard, enlarged
silverware handles, etc.).
- Provides substitute foods of similar nutritive value to
residents who refuse foods served.
- Controls and remains within budget requirements for supplies,
food, and labor costs through the use of the company spend down
- Maintains proper certifications and/or licenses required, if
- Minimal travel including overnight stay as necessary.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Certified Dietary Manager or,
- Certified Food Service Manager or,
- An associate's or higher degree in food service management,
restaurant management, or hospitality or,
- Similar national certification for food service management and
safety from a national certifying body or, -
- In states that have established standards for food service,
meets State requirements for food service manager or dietary
- Serve Safe Certified.
- As a condition of employment, applicant must agree to complete
necessary certification within one (1) year of employment.
- Three (3) to five (5) years' hospitality, dining and culinary
experience. Healthcare, hospital, residential or senior living or
long-term care experience preferred.
- Must have training in cost control, food management,
- Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the
Microsoft Office Suite of products.
WHERE YOU'LL WORK : LocationUS-OH-Springfield
GET IN TOUCHLindsay (513) 986 4886
LIFE AT TRILOGY
Careers close to home and your heart -
Since our founding in 1997, we've been making long-term care better
for our residents and more rewarding for our team members. We're a
Fortune Best Places to Work in Aging Services, a certified Great
Place to Work, and one of Glassdoor's Top 100 Best Companies to
Work. If you're looking for a place that embraces you for who you
are, helps you achieve your full potential, and makes working hard
feel less like hard work, then look no further than Trilogy. -
We're a proud equal opportunity employer. If you're passionate
about providing great care for our residents and creating a
meaningful career at the same time, we'd love to meet you
regardless of your background. We're a diverse team serving diverse
Trilogy Health Services is an equal opportunity employer that is
committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit
discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color,
sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Trilogy Health Services, Springfield , Director of Food Services, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...