Director of Professional Development
Company: Mental Health Association Inc
Posted on: March 19, 2023
MHA is hiring immediately for a Director of Professional
Development. The Director of Professional Development manages the
evaluation, development and implementation of the organization's
orientation and ongoing training and professional development
programs, taking into consideration licensing standards, CARF and
other accreditation standards, best practices, the agency's mission
and objectives, and employee performance and productivity.
Administer needs assessments, design curriculum, deliver training,
and coordinate and cultivate internal and external training
resources. Work collaboratively throughout the organization to
foster a work environment that values continuous learning and
professional development. Assist Vice President Quality and
Organizational Impact in preparing the agency for licensing reviews
and surveys. Facilitate and coordinate review processes to ensure
satisfactory completion and compliance.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities Learning &
- Conduct core group of mandatory trainings on a regular basis
for direct support staff. Work with managers and supervisors to
maximize attendance and compliance.
- Assess training and orientation needs. Address knowledge and
skill gaps among employees at all levels and analyze the skills
that the workforce as a whole requires to allow the organization to
accomplish its strategic goals and objectives. Assists in the
setting of strategic goals related to the learning and development
- Map out training plans, design and develop training programs as
needs are identified. Purchase and/or create and prepare
educational aids and materials and deliver training.
- Provide train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter
experts in order to help them develop the instructional skills
necessary to share what they know with others in the
- Coordinate and train agency trainers on various topics an
deploy training opportunities as needed.
- Research and manage the procurement of outside trainers and/or
external educational resources, such as online or video training
solutions. Negotiate pricing, schedules, times and training
material. Identify opportunities and facilitate the process of
sending employees to off-site training classes when
- Communicate available internal and external training
opportunities. Develop and maintain agency training schedule,
registration process and tracking plan to address licensing and
- Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and
- Facilitate training initiative and committee to develop
professional development curricula to address training needs.
- Assess training and orientation effectiveness by determining
the impact of training on employee skills as well as assessing how
it affects indicators, such as employee satisfaction, turnover and
performance. Provide Senior Leadership with summary of
- Keep current with advances and trends in learning theory and
training methods by attending additional training. Incorporate new
concepts into training delivery as appropriate to maximize learning
opportunities and skill development.
- Develop, facilitate and coordinate value added professional
development opportunities for various level of staffing including
but not limited to GAIN, Leadership Series, Supervisor Bootcamp,
- Continuously evaluate and refine training curriculum, updating
and changing with new information, materials and/or teaching
methods as necessary.
- Participate in the development of training/education-related
policies and procedures.
- Participate as a member of the management team. Serve on
various internal and external committees as requested.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Conduct annual audit reviews of each division, working closely
with program management to ensure their understanding of the
regulations and the licensing process.
- Provide quality improvement reports to the Vice President of
Quality and Organizational Impact on a quarterly basis.
- Keep current on new initiatives set by various funding sources
and accrediting bodies by attending outside trainings and events.
Communicate compliance activities and philosophy to employees
through in-service training, division meetings, and other
presentations.Required Experience and EducationFour or more years
of work experience in a position that includes designing and
delivering training. Experience in human services field. Bachelor's
degree in Communications, Education, Training, Human Resources or
related field or a combination of education and previous work
experience as a trainer.Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Initiative, motivated, and creative
- Ability to understand and teach a variety of subjects,
including becoming certified to teach CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne
Pathogens, De-escalation, management skills, etc.
- Dynamic speaking and group facilitation skills; ability to
effectively present information in a clear manner, demonstrate
procedures and respond to questions.
- Excellent written skills: ability to design "how to"
instructions or manuals
- Knowledge of adult learning styles. Flexibility to change
delivery and approach, materials and content of presentations to
- Practical knowledge of instructional design theory and
- Familiarity with a variety of training methods and
- MS Office proficiency
- Outstanding organizational skills and follow through
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule at times in order to
offer training early evening and weekend hours.
- Proficient understanding of work performed throughout
organization and how it contributes to agency mission and
goals.EEOC Statement: MHA Inc. provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
MHA Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Mental Health Association Inc, Springfield , Director of Professional Development, Executive , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...