Company: Allied Reliability Group
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Allied Reliability seeks an Operations Manager to direct the
operations for a 24-hour operating manufacturing plant and ensure
the facility meets safety, quality, production, organizational
development, operational excellence, and cost & productivity
objectives. Operational oversight includes quarrying operations,
continuous ground calcium carbonate production (GCC), lime
production, batch processing of precipitated calcium carbonate
(PCC) and batch packaging. - -
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:Production Operations
- Responsible for achieving sustainable results and improvement
goals in safety, customer service, quality, operational excellence,
cost & productivity, inventory management and organizational
- Participate in the establishment of annual operating plans and
ensure priorities and accountabilities are clear, resources are
available, and obstacles are removed in order to ensure
- Identify and implement customer-driven activities that create
improved customer satisfaction, flexibility, responsiveness, and
innovations. (Customer Intimacy)
- Drive positive cultural change as a change agent within the
region to engage employees towards a high performance self-directed
- Ensure tracking, daily management and use of key performance
indicators to promote improved operational and business results
- Ensures reliability and efficiency of the plant and equipment:
recommends process/equipment modification for upgrades that improve
safety, quality, and cost and productivity performance.
- Leverages OE knowledge and tools to drive continuous
- Lead significant projects and improvement initiatives in
budgeting/forecasting, cost reductions & productivity.
- Oversee the practice of all health, safety & environmental
procedures, ensuring that safety is a fundamental value in all that
- Understands and ensures compliance FDA, ISO 9001, & FSSC 22000
- Acts as a team role model and change-agent.Employee Development
- Continuously strive to create a customer focused, team based
organization that encourage and engage employees to drive
continuous improvement in our processes
- Ensure annual goals are communicated and achieved and lead
through daily management/Gemba activities
- Ensure ePerformance Management System is up to date and regular
feedback is provided to all employees.
- Monitor and evaluate team member performance and capabilities,
and adjust training where needed.
- Be a progressive thinker and role model: Enable productivity
enhancing tools such as Lean manufacturing, cycle time reduction
through standard work and Kaizens, leveraging control system
technology, and utilizing SharePoint to support knowledge
management and to disseminate best practices for rapid improvement
- Provides leadership for root cause determination and problem
resolution to facilitate faster improvementsContinuous
- Acts as resource and champion for department continuous
improvement activities (Suggestion Program, 5S, Kaizen, TPM,
problem solving, etc.).#LI-TS1#CB
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Engineering
- 7-10 years Operations/Manufacturing experience with strong
- Maintenance and/or Reliability background preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing/Operational Excellence
- Previous experience leading positive cultural change within a
manufacturing environment required.
- Previous experience successfully building and fostering
self-directed teams or other similar high performing work systems
within a manufacturing environment.
- Proven delivery of goal attainment.#LI-TS1#CB
Keywords: Allied Reliability Group, Springfield , Operations Manager, Executive , Adams, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...