Physician / Psychiatry / Massachusetts / Permanent / MD/DO - Psychiatr
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: January 15, 2021
MD/DO - Psychiatrist
America's Most Livable City - Almanac, Forbes, & The Economist
The Community - Springfield, MA & Hartford, CT
Springfield is a city in Western New England, and the seat of
Hampden County, Massachusetts, United States. Springfield sits on
the eastern bank of the Connecticut River near its confluence with
three rivers; the western Westfield River, the eastern Chicopee
River, and the eastern Mill River. The first Springfield in the New
World, it is the largest city in Western New England, and the
urban, economic, and cultural capital of Massachusetts' Connecticut
River Valley (colloquially known as the Pioneer Valley). It is the
third-largest city in Massachusetts and fourth-largest in New
England, after Boston, Worcester, and Providence, Rhode Island.
Springfield has several nicknames The City of Firsts, because of
its many innovations; The City of Homes, due to its Victorian
residential architecture; and Hoop City, because basketball - one
of the world's most popular sports - was invented in
Hartford, the capital city of the State of Connecticut, lies only
23.9 miles south of Springfield, on the western bank of the
Connecticut River. Bradley International Airport, which sits 12
miles south of Metro Center Springfield, is Hartford-Springfield's
airport. Insurance-Springfield region is known as the Knowledge
Corridor because it hosts over 160,000 university students and over
32 universities and liberal arts colleges the second-highest
concentration of higher-learning institutions in the United States.
The City of Springfield itself is home to Springfield College;
Western New England University; American International College; and
Springfield Technical Community College, among other higher
Behavioral Health is evolving and Geriatric Psychiatry is one of
the fastest growing sectors. The aging baby boomer population and
changes in how behavioral health services are provided to the adult
and geriatric community makes this sector one of the best to be
associated with. A progressive leader in the industry that partners
with committed psychiatrists that own a passion for what they do.
Exceptional compensation, benefits and growth potential are
certainly there. Just as importantly, though, it is the
professional respect and appreciation from a forward thinking CEO
and management team that will get your attention.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Provide psychiatric consults to patients referred by the
attending physician at assigned facilities.
- Prescribe and monitor medications; or make recommendations,
depending on facility policy.
- Collaborate with nurse practitioners and other clinicians as
- May hold collaborative agreement or attestation agreement
(depending on state regulations) with nurse practitioners in
- Work as a member of the interdisciplinary team assigned to the
- Participate in case reviews, consultations, and utilization
- Be a resource for the primary care physicians.
- Respond to urgent calls and facilitate admission to in-patient
hospital units when necessary.
- Attend medical staff meetings and provide in-service education
at the facilities as appropriate.
- Maintain accurate records on patients treated.
- Maintain and submit accurate records for billing purposes on a
- M.D. or D.O. who has completed a residency in psychiatry or
currently in a psychiatry residency.
- Board certified or board eligible (within 3 years of completing
- Holds a valid permanent license in practicing state(s) in
accordance with the regulations of that state or in the process of
- State controlled substance license or in the process of
- DEA Certificate or in the process of obtaining it.
- Must be able to meet the credentialing requirements of the
facilities assigned to.
- Must be able to become credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid
and other payers as necessary.
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Springfield , Physician / Psychiatry / Massachusetts / Permanent / MD/DO - Psychiatr, Healthcare , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!