Posted on: February 24, 2021
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In home health, you'll be a true advocate engaging patients
throughout their coordinated health care journey all while
maintaining autonomy and independence to support their needs.
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
We What You Will Do
As a home health physical therapist, you will provide one on one
therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using a
comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions,
and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You
will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient,
in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You
will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of
a full team of healthcare professionals.
- Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families,
nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient
care team to develop and implement a patient specific care and
- Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote
the health and independence of the patient.
- Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's
health and condition using required documents, reports and
- Provides supervision and evaluation of aides and physical
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and/or
other appropriate staff as often as needed or as change in the
patients condition require.
- Completes OASIS assessments timely, accurately and according to
OASIS user's manual definitions. Completes all DSM patient health
status reports as required and forwards appropriately.
- Supervises physical therapy assistant according to state
regulations and agency policy.
- Assists with the coordination of the total plan of care and
maintains continuity of patient care by liaising with other
appropriate staff assigned to the same patients. Participates in
team/case conferences. Initiates team/care conferences for complex
and/or multi-disciplinary patients when required to ensure
coordination of care.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice physical therapy
specific to the state the therapist is assigned to work by the
- Successful completion of a physical therapy program at a school
of physical therapy approved by the American Physical Therapy
Association or the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of
American Medical Association or the committee on Allied Health
Education and Accreditation of the American Medical
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency
required liability insurance to perform home visits.
- Master's degree or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- One year of physical therapy experience preferred. If less than
1 year experience then approval from regional clinical leaders
required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Springfield , Physical Therapist, Healthcare , Agawam, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!