Director of Rehabilitation Services
Company: Hamilton Health Care System
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Quinton Memorial Health and Rehabilitation Dalton, GA Hamilton
Long Term Care - Dalton GA Essential Skill/Knowledge Functions:
- Coordinatesand manages all related aspects of care delivery for
Rehabilitation Services atthe designated HLTC facility.
- Oversees operations, programs, and therapy services ininpatient
and outpatient Rehabilitation Services.
- Assists with planning and implementation of patient
andnon-patient care activities to achieve desired clinical outcomes
andorganizational objectives and program development.
- Develops and grows the staff, establishing soundrelationships
with physicians, clinicians, nurses, and other key stakeholdersto
accomplish service line goals.
- Ensures continuous process improvement and redesign intherapy
services and patient experience.
- Engages in research and integrates evidence-based practiceinto
clinical, operational, financial, logistical, and leadership
- Develops and maintains systems which build and enhance
thefacility's reputation for being the unparalleled provider of
rehab to theelderly and demonstrate the facility's approach to
- Communicating regularly with facility administrator and
- Managing use of computerized systems to optimize data
qualityand maximize therapist efficiency.
- Managing Medicare Medical Review and Denials
- Monitors financial performance of rehab department
andeffectively seeks methods to improve this performance while
ensuring that thefacility's standards are consistently
- Contributes to professional development of self andfacility's
- Provides patient care as appropriate and necessary,
followingthe position description for the applicable clinical
discipline in whichlicensure or certification is held
- Displays appropriate written and verbal communication skillsand
responds in a timely manner.
- Ensures ongoing communication with patients, clients and
teammembers in order to keep them informed of key issues and
program developmentopportunities, and to maintain strong customer
relations at all times.
- Manages productivity standard to meet clinical andoperational
- Evaluates and provides counseling to team members.
- Reviews the medical records assuring federal and
staterequirements and conditions of participation for Medicare,
Medicaid and otheralternative payment models met.
- Implements appropriate facility procedures to meet
- Performs other duties as required or directed by
FacilityAdministrator, Director of Operations and Vice President of
- Consistently attends work and provides appropriate notice
- Demonstrates consistent knowledge and application of
Medicareand other reimbursement regulations.
- Delivers direct patient care in the appropriate
- Facilitates appropriate utilization and appearance
- Communicates effectively with patients, clients and teammembers
regarding specific programs, goals, objectives, problems and
- Ensures accuracy and reconciliation of billing data
inaccordance with billing deadlines.
- Review and monitor revenue and expenses and initiateappropriate
action plans to ensure budget goals are met or exceeded.
- Actively participates in the recruitment, hiring andorientation
of new staff. Models appropriate professional behavior and acts asa
mentor to team members.
- Reviews documentation practices for clarity, conciseness
andconsistency with patient outcome goals.
- Ensures, communicates and coordinates departmental functionsin
a constructive manner that helps build team rapport and
effectivenessthrough compassion. Essential Administrative
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs
tokeep abreast on changes in your field as well as to maintain
currentlicensure/certification, as required.
- Attends and participates in mandatory in-services.
- Honors patient's rights to fair and equitable
treatment,self-administration, individuality, privacy, property and
civil rights,including the right to wage complaints.
- Complies with Corporate Compliance Program.
- Reports job-related functions/tasks that involve
occupationalhazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and
others as necessary.
- Follows established safety procedures when performing job
tasksand/or working with equipment.
- Follows established safety regulations, to include
fireprotection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control,
- Performs other related duties as necessary and as directed
- Complies with all Privacy & Security programs.
- Communicates well with patients and family members providing
warmand friendly greeting and an approachable attitude to
family/visitors/patientsand responds to expressed concerns while
displaying a helpful, caring demeanor,answers questions when
appropriate in a professional manner.
Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's Degree inPhysical Therapy,
Occupational Therapy, or Speech Pathology. A Masters or Doctorate
degree in Physical Therapy, Speech Pathology or Occupational
Therapy. Required License: Current GA license to practice in PT,
PTA, OT, COTA, orSLP
Other Training, Skills, and Experience Requirements
Computer skills including word processing,spreadsheets, internet,
MS Office. Demonstrated ability to manage clinicaloperations,
business and financial planning, and quality improvement
projects.Leads and develops staff members. Strong operations,
communication, financial,and customer service skills required.
Preferred Experience: 5 years ofsupervisory experience of clinical
rehabilitation services. Hamilton Health Care System
PO Box 1900
Dalton, GA 30720-1900
Hamilton Medical Center
1200 Memorial Drive
Dalton, GA 30722-1168
Keywords: Hamilton Health Care System, Springfield , Director of Rehabilitation Services, Healthcare , Dalton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!