Sign on Bonus - Experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) - Oncology
Company: Ethos Veterinary Health
Posted on: May 5, 2021
We are seeking a Licensed Veterinary Technician with oncology
experience to join our team in Springfield, VA.
$3,000 Sign on Bonus after 90 days! Great Monday through Friday
schedule. NO weekends!!
At The Oncology Service (TOS), we strive to provide compassionate
and thoughtful care when pets and their people need it most. It
also means access to state-of-the-art cancer therapies, including
both medical and radiation oncology, and clinical trials.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, extremely organized, experienced
Oncology LVT to join our growing practice in Northern Virginia
(Springfield). We are looking for someone who is passionate about
oncology and would view this position as a career, not a job.
We are privileged to have some of the sweetest patients and most
dedicated clients. Our team is close-knit, always willing to help
each other and works well together.
As a Vet Tech at The Oncology Service, you will be responsible
- Overseeing appointments and managing clients throughout their
- Participating with the Oncologists in-patient assessment,
diagnostics, treatments, and procedures
- Obtaining and processing laboratory samples such as blood,
urine, free fluid, and fine needle aspirates
- Utilizing different modalities of imaging for patient and
- Executing, monitoring, and recovering all assigned sedation and
- Providing empathy, comfort, and unparalleled nursing care to
all patients being a strong patient advocate during the patient's
- Providing extensive client communication and education on
various oncology disease processes
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in a veterinary
oncology setting required
- Strong communication skills, and organizational skills;
proactive thinking and a positive attitude are a must
- Accuracy in calculating and delivering anesthetic agents,
fluids, and CRIs
- Proficiency in record keeping
- Comprehensive understanding and experience with anesthetic
monitoring is required
- Proficiency in processing basic laboratory specimens and
working knowledge of radiographic techniques is required
- LVT required (VTS preferred)
- Positive outlook and ability to work well in a collaborative
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required,
and the ability to deliver exceptional client service is
- Honesty, integrity, and a desire to learn and have fun!
start Immediately, no waiting period! Full-time benefits include
health with an optional 100% employer paid plan, dental, vision,
disability and life insurances, flex-spending accounts, 401(k),
Employee Assistance Program, paid time off, uniforms, and a
generous CE allowance.
Thank you for reading our job posting!
Ethos is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ethos does not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin,
veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All
employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, competence,
merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ethos Veterinary Health, Springfield , Sign on Bonus - Experienced Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) - Oncology, Healthcare , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!