Medical Assistant - PRN
Company: American Family Care Corporate Office
Location: West Springfield
Posted on: May 12, 2022
- Flexible Scheduling
- Incentive Plans
- Growth Opportunities
Job SummaryThe Medical Assistant is the first clinical contact for
each patient and provides kind and caring service to each patient
from initial triage through patient discharge. This is a PRN
position. The role of the Medical Assistant is to guide patients
through their visits and carry out provider orders according to
- Greet each patient, verify identity at each encounter, explain
procedures to be performed, and address patient questions and
- Take temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs
to detect deviations from normal.
- Prepare equipment and aid provider during treatment and
examination of the patient.
- Ensure all ordered tests are performed accurately and in a
- Observe patient, record significant conditions and reactions,
and notify supervisor or provider of patient's condition and
reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Conduct provider referrals as well as service
pre-certifications on an as-needed basis.
- Document nursing history and physical assessment of
- Prepare rooms; sterilize instruments, equipment, and supplies
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Certification or diploma in Medical Assisting or MA experience
Keywords: American Family Care Corporate Office, Springfield , Medical Assistant - PRN, Healthcare , West Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!