Company: JGS Lifecare
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Speech Language PathologistPer diem**For more information on
open positions at JGS Lifecare, text "Jobs" to 351-666-4658.JGS
Lifecare has been taking care of the elders of our community for
more than a century, fulfilling a promise made in 1912 to provide
compassionate care to improve their physical, spiritual and social
needs. Guided by Jewish traditions and values, we welcome the
opportunity to make the lives of the elders we serve fulfilling,
meaningful and vibrant across a spectrum of services. JGS Lifecare
is committed to being an "Employer of Choice." We offer employment
opportunities for people with various interests and backgrounds
interested in working in a variety of health and elder care
settings. At JGS Lifecare you will find a great working environment
and an excellent compensation and benefits package. We are a
smoke-free campus to ensure the health and safety of JGS Lifecare
residents, patients, visitors and employees.WHY YOU SHOULD
- Competitive pay
- Rewarding job within an outstanding and recognized
- Great work environment
- Opportunity for growth within the organization
- Full Time eligible for medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, vacation and sick time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Inclusive company culture
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
- Evaluates and screens individual residents and developing
- Administers treatment to individual residents in accordance
with rehabilitation plan.
- Provides accurate documentation in compliance with all payor
- Ensures accurate and timely billing to ensure complete
- Communicates effectively with Interdisciplinary Team.
- Coordinates with Dietary to ensure appropriate diet
- Schedules MBS and nursing as needed.
- Coordinates with therapy contractors, other department heads
and participates in facility meetings.
- HIPAA and Corporate Compliance.
- Other duties/projects as identified and assigned by your
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech,
Language, and Hearing Association.
- A Speech-Language Pathologist in the Clinical Fellowship Year
(CFY) with appropriate supervision from a certified and Licensed
- Must possess a current, unencumbered licensure as a
Speech-Language Pathologist to practice in the state of
- Must possess current CPR certification.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and willingness
to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must possess ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and
interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures,
etc. of the occupational therapy service.
- Must possess problem-solving skills of the type and at a level
necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to
relate professionally and positively to residents, family members,
and facility staff.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, and support agencies.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of the facility which include a medical and physical
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled,
emotionally upset, at, at times, hostile people within the
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.Demonstrates knowledge of computer
systems, applications, and other office equipment.
- Ability to move throughout workday and perform physical
activities, including sitting, standing, bending, twisting,
stooping, and lifting/moving/pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs. without
- Ability to see, hear, feel, read, write, and verbalize clearly
in English.Apply today and become part of our JGS Lifecare
team!HP100JGS Lifecare conducts extensive background checks and
professional references for all potential employees. If selected
for hire, you must be able to provide a recent physical and
required immunizations.JGS is an equal opportunity employer,
veterans & disability. All qualified individuals will be considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,
sexual orientation, sexual identity or expression, genetics,
national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, political affiliation,
veteran status or any other status that is protected by local,
state or federal law.
Keywords: JGS Lifecare, Springfield , Speech-Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!