Field Based Physician Assistant (West Springfield, MA)
Location: West Springfield
Posted on: August 3, 2022
There is a $5,000 bonus for this opening - $2,500 at start and
$2,500 at 6 months tenure! We are hiring Nurse Practitioners and
Physician Assistants with acute care experience in ER, Urgent Care,
or Internal Medicine to join our growing team serving the
Springfield, MA community. Our Advanced Practice Providers team
with DHMTs (Medical Technicians) and are equipped with everything
needed to treat common to complex injuries and illnesses through
comprehensive health assessments, including diagnosis, treatment,
and outcome management, for patients of all ages. Our innovative
model allows us to provide definitive care in the home, including
point of care laboratory studies, minor procedures, splinting,
wound care, suturing, IV fluid and medication administration. We
provide whole person care by facilitating timely follow up and care
coordination. Our providers love working at DispatchHealth because
of the high-quality care they can provide, the value of the
delivery model and the appreciation of our patients.
- Work as part of a clinical care team with a DHMT (Medical
Technician) and individually, as appropriate for the service line
to deliver care in the patient's home through our innovative
in-home care service lines (ie, Acute Care, Bridge Care, Advanced
Care, Tele - presentation and others ) . This involves being in a
mobile unit and driving or riding in a company vehicle to the place
- Perform comprehensive health assessments and diagnose and treat
- Provide therapeutic interventions, such as splinting, suturing,
wound care and minor procedures.
- Use critical thinking skills and follow evidence-based
standards of practice.
- Accurately and thoroughly document your patient encounter and
- Analyze test data to diagnose, treat and arrange appropriate
follow up for the patient to ensure continuity of care.
- Educate patients and families on how to treat their acute
illness and manage their health and well-being.
- Effectively navigate difficult conversations related to
end-of-life issues and goals of care.
- Communicate effectively with patients, family, the medical
power of attorney, primary care provider and all individuals
involved in the patient's care.
- Identify and proactively solve problems.
- Adhere to clinical and safety standards, protocols, and
- Provide care with compassion, empathy, and cultural
- Maintain positive relationships with DHMT partners and remote
- Attend training sessions and clinical team meetings.
- Maintain professional etiquette and serve as ambassadors for
- Lead your practice and always do what's right for the patient.
- Minimum of two years of experience as an APP in the Emergency
Department, Urgent Care, Internal Medicine, Hospital, Family
Practice, Cardiac, Pulmonary or other relevant areas
- Those with less than two years of experience as an APP, but
with two or more years' experience as a paramedic, RN (ED or ICU),
Flight Nurse or a graduate from an ENP program or fellowship (NP's)
or EM/Hospitalist residency (PA's) are also encouraged to apply
- Graduate with an advanced degree from an accredited
- Current unrestricted state license as a Nurse Practitioner or
- Nationally board certified, current
- Current BLS/ACLS certification
- Prescriptive authority and DEA
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Complete required drivers training upon hire
- Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 5 0 pounds
- Ability to walk up and down several flights of stairs easily
DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare delivery through mobile and
virtual healthcare. A rapidly scaling Denver, Colo., startup, we
provide right-sized healthcare through the power of technology,
convenience, and service. DispatchHealth is creating an integrated,
convenient, high-touch care-delivery solution that extends the
capabilities of the patient's care team and ensures that we provide
personalized, quality care in the home or at the patient's location
of need. Our skilled, certified providers arrive onsite with the
expertise and tools necessary to administer advanced medical care,
supported by our technological infrastructure to ensure quality and
to improve outcomes. DispatchHealth brings together experienced
professionals with proven success in medicine, engineering and
operations and a passion for transforming the healthcare landscape.
DispatchHealth is committed to creating and supporting a diverse
and inclusive team and serving all communities. All qualified
applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race,
gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
religion, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
DispatchHealth offers a comprehensive benefit package, including
medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k, paid time off, family,
and short-term disability leave. Do you want to be part of and
thrive in a fast-paced, growth-stage, entrepreneurial technology,
and healthcare delivery company? Are you willing to roll up your
sleeves and do what needs to be done? Are you passionate about
transforming healthcare through technology innovation, service and
quality care delivered to patients? Our Mission We deliver trusted,
compassionate care to all in the comfort of home. Our Vision
Building the world's largest in-home care system. Our Values are
embodied in The DispatchWay
- Courage to advocate for our patients and each other
- Innovation to trailblaze a new path for healthcare
- Integrity to create a respectful and inclusive environment
- Compassion to provide quality, safe and excellent care What
makes us different?
- DispatchHealth is a provider-led organization and encourages
our teams to help inform decisions that impact your practice.
- We spend time with our patients to treat the whole person.
- Our patient-centric approach consistently results in a NPS
score of 95 or better.
- We offer flexible work schedules and PTO.
- We offer full healthcare benefits and 401k for Full time
employees, with a company match.
- We support professional growth and leadership
- We offer CME, organizational conference, and workshop
- Our clinicians align with our guiding principles. Get to know
us! Watch the video below to hear from healthcare professionals on
what it's like to work with DispatchHealth. Follow us on Facebook ,
Twitter and YouTube to learn more.
Keywords: DispatchHealth, Springfield , Field Based Physician Assistant (West Springfield, MA), Healthcare , West Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!