Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)
Company: Powerback Rehabilitation
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Powerback is a new way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation,
respiratory, and wellness services to patients across the nation.
We deliver an empowered approach to achieving your full potential
by providing integrated and individualized solutions. Our
reimagined approach to rehabilitation connects directly to the
patient experience, which is centered on transforming the road to
recovery for everyoneand helping patients get their power back.
It's patient-centered care that provides a sustainable way of
feeling better, moving better, breathing better, and living
POSITION SUMMARY: The Occupational Therapy Assistant implements
occupational therapy programs and provides occupational therapy
treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and
functioning, under the supervision of an Occupational
1. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences
and other required meetings as a representative of occupational
therapy, under the direction of the Occupational Therapist.
2. Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab
services; adherence to an established plan of care, department and
patient(s)' schedule, and timely documentation of services.
3. Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to develop
programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities
of each patient.
4. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills
and techniques of the occupational therapy treatment program under
the supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
5. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients
6. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair
of equipment, as necessary.
7. Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families
receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs
8. Implements a patient's individualized treatment plan as
established by the primary Occupational Therapist.
9. Provides individualized occupational therapy interventions
including application of therapeutic techniques in such areas as,
but not limited to:
*sitting and standing tolerance
*activities of daily living
*physical agent modalities
10. Organizes and facilitates treatment groups in consultation with
the Occupational Therapist.
11. Performs other related duties as required.OTA1PandoLogic.
Keywords: Occupational Therapist Assistant, Location: Agawam, MA -
Keywords: Powerback Rehabilitation, Springfield , Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA), Healthcare , Agawam, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!