Full Time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant MedExpress Urgent Springfield MA
Company: UnitedHealth Group
Posted on: November 23, 2022
As a part of OptumCare, the largest network of medical groups in
the nation, MedExpress is seeking a Full Time Nurse Practitioner or
Physician Assistant to join our team in Springfield, MA. At Optum,
we are transforming healthcare nationally while providing
Physician-led care locally.
- Open 8am- 8pm, 7 days per week
- Providers typically work 12 hour shifts
- Average patient load = 3-4 patients per hour
- Full licensed medical team and support staff
- Responsibilities include:
- Initial interpretation with digital X-Rays
- Incisions and drainage
What makes an OptumCare organization different?
- Providers are supported to practice at the peak of their
- Patients are treated like family. We focus on helping patients
get in, get healthy, and get back to what's really important.
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still
maintaining the culture and community locally.
- Competitive pay and well deserved incentive bonuses
- CME reimbursement
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision
- 401k with matching
- Short and long term disability, company paid life
- Company paid malpractice coverage
- Flexible Scheduling
- Holiday pay 1.5x shift rate on days worked
- Upward career growth and professional development
- Supportive and appreciative culture
Careers with MedExpress: At MedExpress, we believe in delivering
quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our
patients' expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open
every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments
necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to
what's really important. We provide a broad scope of services
including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer
health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family
of businesses, we're working together to help people live healthier
lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You
can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250
MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative
offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start
doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Master's degree (MSN) and certification by one of the Nurse
Practitioner certifying bodies (ANCC or AANP) as a Family Nurse
- 2+ years of experience working independently as a Nurse
- Unrestricted DEA license (or willing to obtain prior to
- Must be CPR certified (or willing to obtain prior to
- DOT certification (or ability to obtain within the first 60
days of employment)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this
role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster
doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth
Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as
well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of
vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to
ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential
job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Clinical experience working as a provider in an emergency
medicine or urgent care setting
- Willing and able to assist at other center locations in the
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and
communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate
companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19
vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some
roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job
function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and
local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client
COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary
information from candidates prior to employment to ensure
compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job
functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet
the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an
employment offer or termination of employment.
About OptumCare: At OptumCare, we've found that putting clinicians
at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our
physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and
progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17
million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and
9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working
in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within
care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and
driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality
care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass
a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, Springfield , Full Time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant MedExpress Urgent Springfield MA, Healthcare , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!