Registered Nurse, 2East-Oncology, MMH
Posted on: January 24, 2023
NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION - $15K!
Utilizing the nursing process, provides high quality direct and
indirect patient -centered care. Coordinates patient care by
working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team.
Communicates, as appropriate, the patient's clinical condition,
responding quickly and accurately to changes in condition or
response to treatment. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of
growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary
to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
Promotes the profession of nursing and professional practice
through collegial support and interactions.
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing .
- Current licensure in the state of Connecticut.
- Must have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire
or receive certification within the new employee introductory
orientation period and maintain clinical competency during
employment with ECHN in this role. COMPETENCIES:
- Able to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and
- Possesses basic computer skills. ESSENTIAL DUTIES and
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time.
Job-Specific Competency 1. Performs population specific
comprehensive assessments and re-assessments of the medical and
surgical patient's condition and care needs including the
psychosocial, physical, educational and cultural aspects.
2. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of development of the
adult and geriatric population and the skills necessary to provide
age-appropriate care to patients served. Able to interpret data
about the patient status in order to identify each patient's
age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient
3. Assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management
tools and techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding
pain management. Documentation reflects assessments, interventions
and evaluation of effectiveness.
4. Develops and revises individualized plans of care as indicated
by assessment and patient response to treatment. Evaluates overall
plan daily for effectiveness. Involves the patient and family in
the formulation of goals.
5. Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential
for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of medications and
their correct administration based on age of the patient and their
6. Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient
7. Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a timely
manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
8. Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function
under stressful situations. Utilizes critical thinking skills and
sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
9. Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs
and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in
teaching as appropriate.
10. Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with
evidence-based standards. Pursues personal and professional growth
and development. Serves as a professional role model and
11. Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's
condition for safe transfer of care.
12. Demonstrates knowledge of antineoplastic therapy; physical and
psychological effects, side effects, risks and benefits.
13. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of antineoplastic agents,
method of administration, rate of delivery, drug properties and
ability to handle agents safely.
14. Ensures continuous monitoring for patients on remote
15. Provides immediate assessment and intervention as
indicated/directed by staff monitoring telemetry as related to
Keywords: ECHN, Springfield , Registered Nurse, 2East-Oncology, MMH, Healthcare , Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!