Post Acute Physician
Company: Curana Health
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Curana Health is a provider-led, primary and post acute
organization focused on senior living communities and senior living
residents. We are committed to redefining and improving how health
care is delivered in senior living communities to ensure residents
get outstanding care and clinicians are able to practice in a
highly fulfilling and rewarding environment. Summary:Apply and
modify the principles, methods and techniques of medicine to
provide comprehensive geriatric primary care and post-acute care
services. Diagnose and treat a variety of diseases and injuries.
Ensure comprehensive delivery of serves and quality patient care.
Evaluate medical procedures and everyday situations and suggest
ways to improve delivery of service and profitability.Specific
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Functions independently to complete history and physical data
on patients; performs complete physical exams; interprets and
integrates data to determine appropriate diagnosis and treatment
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative
to patient needsPrescribes appropriate pharmacologic and
non-pharmacologic treatment modalitiesCollaborates, educates and
supervises Advance Practice Providers in managing acute and
long-term medical needs of patients.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other
pertinent information accurately and efficiently.
- Instructs and educates patient and family regarding medications
and treatment instructions.
- Individual must be proficient in exercising autonomy in medical
decision making and providing a broad range of diagnostic and
therapeutic services.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of medical practice related to primary care of
geriatrics and senior living communities
- Knowledge of medical policies, regulations, and
- Skill in developing and maintaining medical quality assurance,
and quality control standards.
- Ability to react calmly, objectively, and effectively in
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.Education :
- Degree of Doctor of Medicine (M.D) or Doctor of Osteopathy
- Previous experience in with geriatrics in primary care,
post-acute care including Senior living, SNF, IPR and LTACH but not
- Experienced or passion for value-based care preferred
- Previous experience in EHR documentation.
- Proficiency in documenting and billing in any setting above, or
in the hospitalist setting.
- Most important is a positive attitude, a passion to provide
quality care and an interest in joining a family of providers that
understand the importance of a team-first
- Current unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State
of which being employed
- BC/BE Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Current DPS and DEA certificates (or in progress)Due to the
nature of our business, we require all of our employees to be fully
vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus on their first day of
employment, in compliance with CMS requirements and all applicable
EEOC guidance regarding vaccines and qualified exemptions.
Keywords: Curana Health, Springfield , Post Acute Physician, Healthcare , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!