Registered Nurse, 2East-Oncology, MMH
Posted on: January 25, 2023
NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE POSITION - $15K!
Utilizing the nursing process, provides high quality direct and
indirect patient -centered care. - Coordinates patient care by
working collaboratively with the interdisciplinary team. -
Communicates, as appropriate, the patient's clinical condition,
responding quickly and accurately to changes in condition or
response to treatment. - Demonstrates knowledge of the principles
of growth and development over the life span and the skills
necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population
served. - Promotes the profession of nursing and professional
practice through collegial support and interactions.
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
Current licensure in the state of Connecticut.
Must have certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire or
receive certification within the new employee introductory
orientation period and maintain clinical competency during
employment with ECHN in this role. - -
Able to communicate effectively in English - both verbally and in
Possesses basic computer skills. -
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions are not intended, nor should they be
construed to be, exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills,
efforts or working conditions associated with the job. - They are
intended to be accurate reflections of the principal duties and
responsibilities of this position. - These responsibilities and
competencies listed below may change from time to time.
- - - - - - - - - - - Job-Specific Competency
1. - - Performs population specific comprehensive assessments and
re-assessments of the medical and surgical patient's condition and
care needs including the psychosocial, physical, educational and
2. - - Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of development of
the adult and geriatric population and the skills necessary to
provide age-appropriate care to patients served. Able to interpret
data about the patient status in order to identify each patient's
age-specific needs and provide care needed by the patient
3. - - Assess and reassess pain. - Utilizes appropriate pain
management tools and techniques. - Educates the patient and family
regarding pain management. - Documentation reflects assessments,
interventions and evaluation of effectiveness.
4. - - Develops and revises individualized plans of care as
indicated by assessment and patient response to treatment. - -
Evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness. - Involves the
patient and family in the formulation of goals.
5. - - Follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the
potential for medication errors. Demonstrates knowledge of
medications and their correct administration based on age of the
patient and their clinical condition.
6. - - Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that
optimizes patient safety and promotes positive patient
7. - - Documents the nursing process and responses to care in a
timely manner utilizing the appropriate tools.
8. - - Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and
function under stressful situations. - Utilizes critical thinking
skills and sound judgment in priority setting and delegation.
9. - - Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning
needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included
in teaching as appropriate.
10. - Demonstrates autonomous practice, consistent with
evidence-based standards. - Pursues personal and professional
growth and development. - Serves as a professional role model and
11. - Provides an accurate and pertinent report of the patient's
condition for safe transfer of care.
12. - Demonstrates knowledge of antineoplastic therapy; physical
and psychological effects, side effects, risks and benefits.
13. - Demonstrates thorough knowledge of antineoplastic agents,
method of administration, rate of delivery, drug properties and
ability to handle agents safely.
14. - Ensures continuous monitoring for patients on remote
15. - Provides immediate assessment and intervention as
indicated/directed by staff monitoring telemetry as related to
Keywords: ECHN, Springfield , Registered Nurse, 2East-Oncology, MMH, Healthcare , Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!