Adjunct Faculty, Nursing (Didactic)
Company: American International College
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Adjunct Faculty, Nursing (Didactic)
Aug 3, 2021
Open Until Filled
PT No Benefits
About American International College:
American International College is a private, coeducational
institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in
Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two
sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately
660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings
are student residences for a resident population of 900 students.
Founded in 1885, the College has approximately 3200 graduate and
undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and
graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and
Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the
College is to transform student lives through career focused
learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a
commitment to serving the community, and a high level of
involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that
is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We
are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals
for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Teach assigned content didactically in BSN program.
- Participate in course content planning and evaluation.
- Work effectively with faculty, students, administrators.
- Conference with Course Nursing Faculty regarding student
issues/problems/progress relative to taught content.
- Adhere to academic policies, standards, and accreditation
- Attend departmental meetings as appropriate.
- Direct student learning experiences within the classroom
(remote or face-to-face).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Degree(s): MSN with expertise in specialty area.
- Preferred Degree(s): Doctorate in Nursing or related
- Required Field of Expertise: Licensed registered nurse with
expertise in specialty area.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Teaching experience in a
baccalaureate nursing program.
- Required Training/Cert: 3-5 years of experience practicing as
an registered nurse with desired specialty.
- Required Licensure(s): Registered Nurse in State of
- Strong commitment to high quality instruction in a diverse,
student-centered environment and the ability to work with students
with various learning styles and backgrounds.
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and enthusiasm
for working in an interprofessional setting.
- Ability to foster a collaborative atmosphere among students,
faculty, and staff within a diverse environment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, Blackboard, and the
use of instructional technology to teach traditional, hybrid or
online courses as needed and serve as a resource for faculty using
- Enthusiastic, committed teacher-scholar with demonstrated
excellence in teaching and scholarship.
This is a part time, non-benefitted position with hours flexible to
the needs of the department.
AIC reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or
below the level included in this posting.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
With limited exceptions, all AIC employees are required to receive
the COVID-19 vaccination. See the complete policy by clicking
Qualified applicants should save and submit the following documents
with the online application.
- Brief cover letter
- Current resume
- Contact information for three professional references (one of
which must be a current or prior supervisor)
Review of applications will continue until the position has been
Keywords: American International College, Springfield , Adjunct Faculty, Nursing (Didactic), Healthcare , Springfield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!